Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Ischemic stroke subtypes: a population-based study of incidence and risk factors.Stroke. 1999; 30: 2513-2516
- Epidemiology of ischemic stroke subtypes according to TOAST criteria: incidence, recurrence, and long-term survival in ischemic stroke subtypes: a population-based study.Stroke. 2001; 32: 2735-2740
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty and stenting for carotid artery stenosis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007; 4: CD000515
- Stenting versus endarterectomy for treatment of carotid-artery stenosis.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 11-23
- Management of atherosclerotic carotid artery disease: clinical practice guidelines of the Society for Vascular Surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2008; 48: 480-486
- Updated Society for Vascular Surgery guidelines for management of extracranial carotid disease: executive summary.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 54: 832-836
- Preprocedural risk stratification: identifying an appropriate population for carotid stenting.J Vasc Surg. 2001; 33: 728-732
- Long-term results of carotid stenting versus endarterectomy in high-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 1572-1579
- Protected carotid-artery stenting versus endarterectomy in high-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1493-1501
- Long-term follow-up study of endarterectomy versus angioplasty in patients with symptomatic severe carotid stenosis trial.Stroke. 2014; 45: 2750-2756
- Long-term results of stenting versus endarterectomy for carotid-artery stenosis.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1021-1031
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials of carotid endarterectomy vs stenting.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 53: 792-797
- Carotid artery stenting compared with endarterectomy in patients with symptomatic carotid stenosis (International Carotid Stenting Study): an interim analysis of a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2010; 375: 985-997
- Mechanisms to explain the poor results of carotid artery stenting (CAS) in symptomatic patients to date and options to improve CAS outcomes.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 1367-1375
- The CAPTURE registry: analysis of strokes resulting from carotid artery stenting in the post approval setting: timing, location, severity, and type.Ann Surg. 2007; 246: 551-558
- Transcervical carotid stenting with internal carotid artery flow reversal: feasibility and preliminary results.J Vasc Surg. 2004; 40: 476-483
- Transcarotid artery revascularization as a new modality of treatment for carotid stenosis.Ann Vasc Surg. 2020; 64: 397-404
- Results of the ROADSTER multicenter trial of transcarotid stenting with dynamic flow reversal.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 62: 1227-1234
- Transcarotid artery revascularization with flow reversal.J Endovasc Ther. 2017; 24: 265-270
- Outcomes associated with a transcarotid artery revascularization-centered protocol in high-risk carotid revascularizations using the ENROUTE neuroprotection system.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 807-813
- Association of transcarotid artery revascularization vs transfemoral carotid artery stenting with stroke or death among patients with carotid artery stenosis.JAMA. 2019; 322: 2313-2322
- Complexity of aortic arch anatomy affects the outcomes of transcarotid artery revascularization versus transfemoral carotid artery stenting.Ann Vasc Surg. 2020; 67: 78-89
- A multi-institutional analysis of transcarotid artery revascularization compared to carotid endarterectomy.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 70: 123-129
- Propensity-matched outcomes of transcarotid artery revascularization versus carotid endarterectomy.J Surg Res. 2020; 252: 22-29
- Stenting and angioplasty with protection in patients at high-risk for endarterectomy: SAPPHIRE Worldwide Registry first 2,001 patients.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2009; 73: 129-136
- Protected carotid stenting in high-surgical-risk patients: the ARCHeR results.J Vasc Surg. 2006; 44: 258-268
- 30 day results from the SPACE trial of stent-protected angioplasty versus carotid endarterectomy in symptomatic patients: a randomized non-inferiority trial.Lancet. 2006; 368: 1239-1247
- Results of the Stent-Protected Angioplasty versus Carotid Endarterectomy (SPACE) study to treat symptomatic stenoses at 2 years: a multinational, prospective, randomised trial.Lancet Neurol. 2008; 7: 893-902
- Perioperative and one-year TransCarotid revascularization outcomes in symptomatic patients.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 72: 2047-2053
Declarations of interest: none.
Competing interest statement: All authors have no competing interests to declare.
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.