- •Autogenous brachiocephalic arteriovenous fistula has merits from higher blood flow.
- •Flow related problem cause to be reluctant as primary arteriovenous fistula surgery.
- •Multimodal approach includes perioperative exercise, pulsatility index assessment.
- •Brachiocephalic fistula had superior hemodialysis access than radiocephalic.
- •Multimodal brachiocephalic and radiocephalic fistulas were similarly complicated.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Proximal arteriovenous fistulae for haemodialysis when radial arteries are unavailable.Proc Eur Dial Transplant Assoc. 1970; 7: 42‒6
- Vascular access: experience with the brachiocephalic fistula.Ann Royal Coll Surg Engl. 1986; 68: 203
- The brachiocephalic fistula: a successful secondary vascular access procedure.Vasa. 1990; 19: 326-329
- Brachiocephalic fistula: a useful alternative for vascular access in chronic hemodialysis.Cardiovasc Surg. 1993; 1: 128-130
- Subclavian steal syndrome from high-output brachiocephalic arteriovenous fistula: a previously undescribed complication of dialysis access.J Vasc Surg. 2001; 33: 883-885
- Radio-median cubital/radiocephalic arteriovenous fistula at elbow to prevent vascular steal syndrome associated with brachiocephalic fistula: review of 320 cases.Indian J Urol. 2007; 23: 261
- A case of brachiocephalic fistula steal and the emergency physician” ’s approach to hemodialysis arteriovenous fistula complications.J Emerg Med. 2017; 53: 66-72
- Arteriovenous fistula-associated high-output cardiac failure: a review of mechanisms.Am J Kidney Dis. 2004; 43: e21.1-e21.6
- The relationship between the flow of arteriovenous fistula and cardiac output in haemodialysis patients.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008; 23: 282-287
- Complications of the arteriovenous fistula: a systematic review.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017; 28: 1839-1850
- Intraoperative measurement of arterial blood flow using a transit time flowmeter: monitoring of hemodynamic changes during cerebrovascular surgery.Acta Neurochirurg. 2001; 143: 17-24
- Prediction of graft flow impairment by intraoperative transit time flow measurement in off-pump coronary artery bypass using arterial grafts.Ann Thorac Surg. 2005; 80: 594-598
- Changes in internal carotid blood flow after CEA evaluated by transit-time flowmeter.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2006; 31: 14-17
- Correlation of intraoperative blood flow measurement with autogenous arteriovenous fistula outcome.J Vasc Surg. 2008; 48: 167-172
- Assessment of effects of upper extremity exercise with arm tourniquet on maturity of arteriovenous fistula in hemodialysis patients.J Vasc Access. 2013; 14: 239-244
- The effect of two different hand exercises on grip strength, forearm circumference, and vascular maturation in patients who underwent arteriovenous fistula surgery.Ann Rehab Med. 2014; 38: 648
- Effect of a postoperative exercise program on arteriovenous fistula maturation: a randomized controlled trial.Hemodial Intl. 2016; 20: 306-314
- Early application of an intermittent pneumatic compression device is safe and results in proximal arteriovenous fistula enlargement.J Vasc Access. 2019; 20: 24-30
- Novel use of the Nexfin HD monitor for real-time physiological assessment of blood flow during creation of an upper extremity arteriovenous fistula.Can J Anaesth. 2015; 62: 1353-1354
- Assessment of blood flow in hemodialysis patients using buttonhole technique for arteriovenous fistula by ultrasound dilution.J Med Assoc Thai. 2012; 95: S62-S68
- Clinical practice guideline on peri-and postoperative care of arteriovenous fistulas and grafts for haemodialysis in adults.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2019; 34: ii1-i42
- The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 147: 573-577
- Grading of complications and risk factor evaluation in laparoscopic colorectal surgery.Surg Endosc. 2013; 27: 3748-3753
- The Cox model.Modeling survival data: extending the Cox model. Springer, NY, USA2000: 39-77
Kassambara A, Kosinski M. Survminer: drawing survival curves using “ggplot2.” 2017. 2020.
- Vascular access creation in octogenarians: The effect of age on outcomes.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 72: 171-179
- Intraoperative use of transit time flow measurement improves patency of newly created radiocephalic arteriovenous fistulas in patients requiring hemodialysis.J Vasc Access. 2020; 21: 990-996
- Clinical value of intraoperative transit-time flow measurement for autogenous radiocephalic arteriovenous fistula in patients with chronic kidney disease.Ann Vasc Surg. 2016; 35: 53-59
- First-week postoperative flow measurements are highly predictive of primary patency of radiocephalic arteriovenous fistulas.J Vasc Access. 2016; 17: 307-312
- Predicting arteriovenous fistula maturation with intraoperative blood flow measurements.J Vasc Access. 2008; 9: 241-247
- Risk factors predicting the successful function and use of autogenous arteriovenous fistulae for hemodialysis.Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013; 61: 438-444
- Extension technique’: a modified technique for brachio-cephalic fistula to prevent dialysis access-associated steal syndrome.Eur J Vawsc Endovasc Surg. 2005; 29: 324-327
- Ligation of the perforating vein: a treatment for steal syndrome in side-to-side elbow arteriovenous fistula.Ann Vasc Surg. 2008; 22: 307
- Hemodialysis vascular access survival: upper-arm native arteriovenous fistula.Am J Kidney Dis. 2002; 39: 92-101
- Relationship between cardiac output and access flow during hemodialysis.Asaio J. 1999; 45: 135-138
- Prophylactic ligature of AV fistula prevents high output heart failure after kidney transplantation.Am J Nephrol. 2020; 51: 511-519
- High-flow arteriovenous fistula and heart failure: could the indexation of blood flow rate and echocardiography have a role in the identification of patients at higher risk?.J Nephrol. 2018; 31: 975-983
- Management of arteriovenous fistulas.BMJ. 2014; 349: g6262
- Cephalic arch stenosis in dialysis patients: review of clinical relevance, anatomy, current theories on etiology and management.J Vasc Access. 2014; 15: 157-162