- •Single-centre retrospective study of eversion endarterectomy for TASC-II C-D EIA lesions.
- •Five-year primary and primary-assisted patency rates were 74% and 92%, respectively.
- •More durable patency than endovascular approaches and fewer complications than open bypass.
- •Eversion endarterectomy is a safe and effective technique for occlusive EIA disease.
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Extraperitoneal endarterectomy for iliofemoral occlusive disease.J Vasc Surg. 1990; 12 (discussion 14-5): 409-413
- Endarterectomy for occlusive disease of the aortoiliac and common femoral arteries. Evaluation of results of the eversion technic endarterectomy.Am J Surg. 1972; 124: 235-243
- The surgical treatment of aortoiliac atherosclerosis.Surgery. 1965; 58: 960-968
- Inter-society consensus for the management of peripheral arterial disease (TASC II).J Vasc Surg. 2007; 45: S5-67
- A systematic review of endovascular treatment of extensive aortoiliac occlusive disease.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 1376-1383
- Durability of the balloon-expandable covered versus bare-metal stents in the Covered versus Balloon Expandable Stent Trial (COBEST) for the treatment of aortoiliac occlusive disease.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 64: 83-94 e1
- 24-month data from the BRAVISSIMO: a large-scale prospective registry on iliac stenting for TASC A & B and TASC C & D Lesions.Ann Vasc Surg. 2015; 29: 738-750
- Strategies for managing aortoiliac occlusions: access, treatment and outcomes.Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2015; 13: 551-563
- Iliac artery stenting versus surgical reconstruction for TASC (TransAtlantic Inter-Society Consensus) type B and type C iliac lesions.J Vasc Surg. 2003; 38: 272-278
- External iliac and common iliac artery angioplasty and stenting in men and women.J Vasc Surg. 2001; 34: 440-446
- Predicting outcome of angioplasty and selective stenting of multisegment iliac artery occlusive disease.J Vasc Surg. 2000; 32: 564-569
- Endovascular treatment of external iliac artery occlusive disease: midterm results.J Endovasc Ther. 2014; 21: 223-229
- Meta-analysis of direct surgical versus endovascular revascularization for aortoiliac occlusive disease.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 72: 726-737
- Clinical outcomes of 5358 patients undergoing direct open bypass or endovascular treatment for aortoiliac occlusive disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Endovasc Ther. 2013; 20: 443-455
- Femorofemoral bypass as an alternative to a direct aortic approach in daily practice: appraisal of its current indications and midterm results.Ann Vasc Surg. 2012; 26: 359-364
- Axillofemoral bypass for aortoiliac occlusive disease.Am J Surg. 2000; 180: 100-103
- The strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 147: 573-577
- Recommended standards for reports dealing with lower extremity ischemia: revised version.J Vasc Surg. 1997; 26: 517-538
- Eversion endarterectomy for external iliac artery occlusive disease.Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2011; 45: 46-50
- An update on methods for revascularization and expansion of the tasc lesion classification to include below-the-knee arteries: a supplement to the inter-society consensus for the management of peripheral arterial disease (TASC II).Vasc Med. 2015; 20: 465-478
- 2017 ESC Guidelines on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Diseases, in collaboration with the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS): Document covering atherosclerotic disease of extracranial carotid and vertebral, mesenteric, renal, upper and lower extremity arteriesEndorsed by: the European Stroke Organization (ESO)The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and of the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS).Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 763-816
- Review of direct anatomical open surgical management of atherosclerotic aorto-iliac occlusive disease.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2010; 39: 460-471
- Is femorofemoral crossover bypass an option in claudication?.Ann Vasc Surg. 2010; 24: 828-832
- Comparison of axillofemoral and aortofemoral bypass for aortoiliac occlusive disease.J Vasc Surg. 1996; 23 (discussion 9-71): 263-269
- French University Surgeons A. Long-term results of a multicenter randomized study on direct versus crossover bypass for unilateral iliac artery occlusive disease.J Vasc Surg. 2008; 47 (discussion -4): 45-53
- Remote iliac artery endarterectomy: a case series and systematic review.J Endovasc Ther. 2018; 25: 140-149
- Remote iliac artery endarterectomy with selective stent use at the proximal dissection zone in TransAtlantic Inter-Society Consensus C and D lesions.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 1143-1149
- Aortoiliac endarterectomy: an 11-year review.Br J Surg. 1990; 77: 190-193
- Eversion femoral endarterectomy for iliofemoral occlusive disease: a description of technique and series of cases.Ann Vasc Surg. 2018; 50: 106-111
- Arterial reconstruction of the iliofemoral segment by eversion endarterectomy.Rev Hosp Clin Fac Med Sao Paulo. 1991; 46: 63-73
- Antegrade eversion endarterectomy of the external iliac artery.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2013; 46: 103-109