- •There is no consensus on preoperative CBTE.
- •CBTE has no effect directly on neurological and vascular complications.
- •CBTE significantly reduces the amount of intraoperative bleeding.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diagnostic and therapeutic difficulties in carotid body paragangliomas, based on clinical experience and a review of the literature.Adv Clin Exp Med. 2016; 25: 1173-1177
- Etiopathogenesis and clinical presentation of carotid body tumors.Microsc Res Tech. 2002; 59: 256-261
- Carotid body paraganglioma: review and surgical management.Eur J Plast Surg. 2001; 24: 58-65
- The effects of preoperative embolization on carotid body paraganglioma surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015; 153: 943-950
- Measuring agreement in method comparison studies.Stat Methods Med Res. 1999; 8: 135-160
- Carotid body tumor as a cause of stroke.Intern Med. 2016; 55: 295-298
- Carotid Body Tumor (Paraganglioma). Adams and Victor’s Principles of Neurology.8th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York2005: 574
- Endovascular embolization of paragangliomas: a safe adjuvant to treatment.J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2008; 1: 37
- Contemporary presentation and evolution of management of neck paragangliomas.J Vasc Surg. 2009; 49: 1365-1373.e2
- Adjunct endovascular interventions in carotid body tumors.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 61: 1081-1091.e2
- Important observations made managing carotid body tumors during a 25-year experience.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 1518-1523
- Carotid body tumors: a review of 25 years experience in diagnosis and management of 56 tumors.Ann Vasc Dis. 2014; 7: 292-299
- Management of carotid bifurcation tumors: 30-year experience.Ann Vasc Surg. 2016; 34: 200-205
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the presentation and surgical management of patients with carotid body tumours.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2019; 57: 477-486
- Carotid body tumor with skull base extension.Am J case Rep. 2017; 18: 1153
- Impact of preoperative embolization on outcomes of carotid body tumor resections.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 56: 979-989
- Role of preoperative embolization in carotid body tumor surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.World Neurosurg. 2019; 129: 503-513.e2
- Patient blood management: the best approach to transfusion medicine risk management.Transfus Apher Sci. 2020; 59: 102779
- Blood transfusion and its effect on the clinical outcomes of patients undergoing major lower extremity amputation.Ann Vasc Surg. 2010; 24: 468-473
- Perioperative Anemia Management. Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis.Thieme Medical Publishers, 2020: 008-016
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of carotid body tumor: a retrospective analysis of 58 patients.Oncol Lett. 2017; 14: 3628-3632
- Carotid body tumors: a review of 30 patients with 46 tumors.Laryngoscope. 1995; 105: 115-126
- Carotid body tumor resection: just as safe without preoperative embolization.Ann Vasc Surg. 2018; 46: 54-59
- Outcome of surgical treatment for carotid body tumors in different shambling type without preoperative embolization: a single-center retrospective study.Ann Vasc Surg. 2020; 63: 325-331
- Carotid body tumor resection: long-term outcome of 67 cases without preoperative embolization.Ann Vasc Surg. 2020; 67: 200-207
- The effect of preoperative embolization on surgical outcomes for carotid body tumor resection.SAGE Open Med. 2021; 9 (20503121211005229)
Declaration of Conflicting Interests: The authors declared no conflicts of interest with respect to the authorship and/or publication of this article.
Funding: The authors received no financial support for the research and/or authorship of this article.