Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- ESTES guidelines: acute mesenteric ischaemia.Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2016; 42: 253-270
- Unchanged high mortality rates from acute occlusive intestinal ischemia: six year review.Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2008; 393: 163-171
- Novel prognostic biomarkers of mucosal healing in ulcerative colitis patients treated with anti-TNF: neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio and platelet-to-lymphocyte ratio.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2020; 26: 1579-1587
- The role of the systemic inflammatory response in predicting outcomes in patients with operable cancer: systematic review and meta-analysis.Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 16717
- Prognostic significance of red blood cell distribution width in gastrointestinal disorders.World J Gastroenterol. 2017; 23: 4879-4891
- Diagnostic value of neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio for predicting the severity of acute pancreatitis: a meta-analysis.Dis Markers. 2020; 2020: 9731854
- Red cell distribution width as a novel predictor of mortality and complications after primary shoulder arthroplasty.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2020; 28: 802-807
- Relation between changes in red blood cell distribution width after coronary artery bypass grafting and early postoperative morbidity.J Thorac Dis. 2018; 10: 4244-4254
- Clinical Usefulness and prognostic value of red cell distribution width in colorectal cancer.Biomed Res Int. 2018; 2018: 9858943
- The red distribution width and the platelet distribution width as prognostic predictors in gastric cancer.BMC Gastroenterol. 2017; 17: 163
- Prognostic significance of red cell distribution width in acute mesenteric ischemia.Perfusion. 2015; 30: 161-165
- A higher platelet-to-lymphocyte ratio is prevalent in the presence of circulating tumor microemboli and is a potential prognostic factor for non-metastatic colon cancer.Transl Oncol. 2020; 14: 100932
- Clinical utility of the platelet-lymphocyte ratio as a predictor of postoperative complications after radical gastrectomy for clinical T2-4 gastric cancer.World J Gastroenterol. 2017; 23: 2519-2526
- Association of platelet to lymphocyte ratio and risk of 30-day postoperative complications in patients undergoing abdominal aortic surgical repair.Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2019; 53: 5-11
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- The Clavien-Dindo classification of surgical complications: five-year experience.Ann Surg. 2009; 250: 187-196
- Ischemic bowel disease in the elderly.Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 2001; 30: 445-473
- Contemporary management of acute mesenteric ischemia: factors associated with survival.J Vasc Surg. 2002; 35: 445-452
- Clinicopathologic characteristics of elderly with gastric cancer, and the risk factors of postoperative complications.J Invest Surg. 2017; 30: 394-400
- Impact of age on postoperative complication rates among elderly patients with hip fracture: a retrospective matched study.J Anesth. 2018; 32: 452-456
- Risk prediction model for severe postoperative complication in bariatric surgery.Obes Surg. 2018; 28: 1869-1875
- Morbidity and mortality after bowel resection for acute mesenteric ischemia.Surgery. 2011; 150: 779-787
- High Apache II score and long length of bowel resection impair the outcomes in patients with necrotic bowel induced hepatic portal venous gas.BMC Gastroenterol. 2011; 11: 18
- Understanding short bowel syndrome: current status and future perspectives.Dig Liver Dis. 2020; 52: 253-261
- A Statewide analysis of the Incidence and outcomes of acute mesenteric ischemia in Maryland from 2009 to 2013.Front Surg. 2016; 3: 22
- Prognostic value of PLR in various cancers: a meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e101119
- Platelet to lymphocyte ratio as a predictive factor of 30-day mortality in patients with acute mesenteric ischemia.PLoS One. 2019; 14: e0219763
- Platelet-to-lymphocyte ratio and neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio associated with disease activity in patients with Takayasu's arteritis: a case-control study.BMJ Open. 2017; 7: e014451
- Comprehensive analysis of red blood cell distribution width as a preoperative prognostic predictor in gastric cancer.Anticancer Res. 2019; 39: 3121-3130
- Preoperative red cell distribution width predicts postoperative cognitive dysfunction after coronary artery bypass grafting.Biosci Rep. 2020; 40 (BSR20194448)
- Prognostic role of pretreatment red blood cell distribution width in patients with cancer: a meta-analysis of 49 studies.J Cancer. 2019; 10: 4305-4317
- Red blood cell distribution width predicts postoperative death of infective endocarditis.Int Heart J. 2020; 61: 524-530
- Diagnostic accuracy of hematological parameters in acute mesenteric ischemia-A systematic review.Int J Surg. 2019; 66: 18-27
- The association between the red cell distribution width and diabetic nephropathy in patients with type-2 diabetes mellitus.Ren Fail. 2018; 40: 590-596
- Preoperative predictors of postoperative complications after gastric cancer resection.Surg Today. 2020; 50: 3-11
- CT assessment of preoperative nutritional status in gastric cancer: severe low skeletal muscle mass and obesity-related low skeletal muscle mass are unfavorable factors of postoperative complications.Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021; 15: 317-324
- Malnutrition in elective surgery: How traditional markers might be failing surgeons and patients.Surgery. 2020; 168: 1144-1151
- Preoperative prognostic nutritional index as a method to predict postoperative complications after major head and neck surgery with free tissue transfer reconstruction.Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2020; 50: 29-35
Author Contributions: Study conception and design: Fan-Feng Chen, Xiang-Wu Zheng, and Shou-Liang Miao. Acquisition of data: Ting-Ting Lin and Lang Chen. Analysis and interpretation of data: Shou-Liang Miao and Fan-Feng Chen. Drafting of manuscript: Shou-Liang Miao. Critical revision of manuscript: Fan-Feng Chen and Xiang-Wu Zheng.
Funding: This research received no specific grant from any funding agency in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Conflicts of interest: All the authors declared that there is no financial interest or any other potential conflicts of interest related to this study.
Compliance with Ethical Standards: This study was approved by the ethics committee of The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University in accordance with the 1964 Helsinki Declaration and its latter amendments or comparable ethical standards. All participants provided their written informed consents.