Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Mean platelet volume may not predict restenosis after carotid endarterectomy.Ann Vasc Surg. 2022; 80: e1-e2
- Mean platelet volume predicts restenosis after carotid endarterectomy.Ann Vasc Surg. 2021; 81: 216-224
- Evaluation of platelet distribution width and mean platelet volume in patients with carotid artery stenosis.Angiology. 2015; 66: 375-378
- Mean platelet volume as a predictor of cardiovascular risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 8: 148-156
- Mean platelet volume and long-term mortality in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention.Am J Cardiol. 2013; 111: 185-189
- Is elevated mean platelet volume associated with a worse outcome in patients with acute ischemic cerebrovascular events?.Stroke. 2004; 35: 1688-1691
- Platelets in inflammatory disorders: a pathophysiological and clinical perspective.Semin Thromb Hemost. 2015; 41: 572-581
- Inflammation and haemostasis.Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2012; 22: 49-62
- Were the measurements standardized sufficiently in published studies about mean platelet volume?.Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2017; 28: 234-236
- New roles for mean platelet volume measurement in the clinical practice?.Platelets. 2016; 27: 607-612
- Platelet count evaluation using three automated haematology analysers compared with the immunoplatelet reference method, and estimation of possible inadequate platelet transfusion.Int J Lab Hematol. 2009; 31: 298-306
- Mean platelet volume: comparison of three analysers towards standardization of platelet morphological phenotype.Int J Lab Hematol. 2012; 34: 300-310
- Mean platelet volume and its genetic variants relate to stroke severity and 1-year mortality.Neurology. 2020; 95: e1153-e1162
- Platelet count and mean platelet volume at the time of and after acute myocardial infarction.Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2017; 23: 1052-1059
- Platelet turnover predicts outcome after coronary intervention.Thromb Haemost. 2017; 117: 923-933
- Multicenter evaluation of analytical performances of platelet counts and platelet parameters: carryover, precision, and stability.Int J Lab Hematol. 2020; 42: 552-564
- Reticulated platelets and immature platelet fraction: clinical applications and method limitations.Int J Lab Hematol. 2020; 42: 363-370
- Mean platelet volume reproducibility and association with platelet activity and anti-platelet therapy.Platelets. 2014; 25: 188-192
- Dual antiplatelet therapy prior to carotid endarterectomy reduces post-operative embolisation and thromboembolic events: post-operative transcranial Doppler monitoring is now unnecessary.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2010; 40: 162-167
- Editor's choice - management of atherosclerotic carotid and vertebral artery disease: 2017 clinical practice guidelines of the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS).Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2018; 55: 3-81
- Mean platelet volume (MPV): new perspectives for an old marker in the course and prognosis of inflammatory conditions.Mediators Inflamm. 2019; 2019 (9213074)
Funding: No financial or material support was provided to the authors.
Authors’ Contributions: All the authors contributed to the study conception and design. The first draft was written by JRN and MFM. JPA commented on previous versions of the manuscript. All authors read and approved the final version of the manuscript.