Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Endovascular repair of traumatic thoracic aortic injury: clinical practice guidelines of the society of vascular surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 53: 187-192
- Short-term results of left subclavian artery salvage in blunt thoracic aortic injury with short proximal landing zones.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 68: 985-990
- Thoracic aortic dilation after endovascular repair of blunt traumatic aortic injury.Ann Vasc Surg. 2021; 70: 101-108
- Endovascular repair of blunt thoracic aortic trauma is associated with increased left ventricular mass, hypertension, and off-target aortic remodeling.Ann Surg. 2020; 274: 1089-1098
- Influence of thoracic endovascular repair on aortic morphology in patients treated for blunt traumatic aortic injuries: long term outcomes in a multicentre study.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2020; 59: 428-436
- Meta-analysis of endovascular vs open repair for traumatic descending thoracic aortic rupture.J Vasc Surg. 2008; 48: 1343-1351
- Reduced mortality, paraplegia, and stroke with stent graft repair of blunt aortic transections: a modern meta-analysis.J Vasc Surg. 2008; 47: 671-675
- An outcome analysis of endovascular versus open repair of blunt traumatic aortic injuries.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 108-115
- Delayed endovascular aortic repair is associated with reduced in-hospital mortality in patients with blunt thoracic aortic injury.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 68: 64-73
- Implementation and results of a practical grading system for blunt thoracic aortic injury.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 70: 1082-1088
- Outcome comparison of thoracic endovascular aortic repair performed outside versus inside proximal landing zone length recommendation.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 27: 1883-1890
- Changes in arterial stiffness and nt-probnp levels after endovascular repair of descending thoracic aorta.Ann Vasc Surg. 2017; 38: 220-226
- Changes in aortic pulse wave velocity of thoracic aortic stent grafts in an ex vivo porcine model.Plos One. 2017; 12: e0186080
- Increased pulse wave velocity and arterial hypertension in young patients with thoracic aortic endografts.Ann Vasc Surg. 2012; 26: 462-467
- Prediction of cardiovascular events and all-cause mortality with arterial stiffness: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 1318-1327
- Stent graft oversizing is associated with an increased risk of long-term left ventricular wall thickening in young patients following thoracic endovascular aortic repair.Ann Vasc Surg. 2021; 76: 66-72
Presented at the Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Society Spring Annual Meeting 2021, San Diego, CA.
Type of Research: A single-center retrospective cohort study.
Key Findings: Thoracic endovascular repair (TEVAR) of blunt thoracic aortic injury (BTAI) in 24 patients achieved rapid aortic healing by 2 months with no evidence of residual injury in 95.8%. There was a reduction of maximum aortic injury diameter to within 2.45% of mean endograft size after repair.
Take Home Message: Early aortic healing after TEVAR for BTAI suggests that a long-term seal is not necessary and aggressive left subclavian artery preservation is feasible.
Table of Contents: This retrospective single-center study of 24 patients with BTAI was examined for progression of aortic remodeling postTEVAR. The authors find that by 2 months there is early aortic healing with no residual injury and that the concept of long-term seal may not be indicated when treating BTAI.