Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2017 AHA/ACC focused update of the 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association task force on clinical practice guidelines.Circulation. 2017; 135: 1159-1195
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement 2016: a modern-day “through the looking-glass” adventure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 1472-1487
- Meta-analysis of perioperative stroke and mortality in transcatheter aortic valve implantation.Am J Cardiol. 2016; 118: 1031-1045
- Association between surgical risk and 30-day stroke after transcatheter versus surgical aortic valve replacement: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2021; 97: E536-E543
- Stroke after cardiac surgery and its association with asymptomatic carotid disease: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2011; 41: 607-624
- 2017 AA expert consensus Cecision Pathway for transcatheter aortic valve replacement in the management of Adults with aortic stenosis: a report of the American College of Cardiology task force on clinical expert consensus documents.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 1313-1346
- 2019 AATS/ACC/ASE/SCAI/STS expert consensus Systems of Care document: a Proposal to optimize Care for patients with valvular heart disease: a joint report of the American association for thoracic surgery, American College of Cardiology, American Society of Echocardiography, Society for cardiovascular angiography and interventions, and Society of thoracic surgeon.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 2609-2635
- 2017 ESC/EACTS Guidelines for the management of valvular heart disease.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38: 2739-2791
- The North American Symptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy Trial: surgical results in 1415 patients.Stroke. 1999; 30: 1751-1758
- Updated Society for Vascular Surgery guidelines for management of extracranial carotid disease.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 54: 1-31
- Management of atherosclerotic carotid and vertebral artery Disease: 2017 clinical practice guidelines of the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS).Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2018; 55: 3-81
- Clinical impact of routine cardiology consultation prior to elective carotid endarterectomy in neurologically asymptomatic patients.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2020; 59: 536-544
- Early outcomes of routine delayed shunting in carotid endarterectomy for asymptomatic patients.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2018; 56: 334-341
- Quantitative analysis and predictors of embolic filter debris load during carotid artery stenting in asymptomatic patients.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 68: 109-117
- Valve Academic Research Consortium-2. Updated standardized endpoint definitions for transcatheter aortic valve implantation: the Valve Academic Research Consortium-2 consensus document.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013; 145: 6-23
- Predictors, incidence and outcomes of patients undergoing transfemoral transcatheter aortic valve implantation complicated by stroke. From the CENTER-Collaboration.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12: e007546
- Association between transcatheter aortic valve replacement and early postprocedural stroke.JAMA. 2019; 321: 2306-2315
- Development and application of a risk prediction model for in-hospital stroke after transcatheter aortic valve replacement: a report from the Society of Thoraci Surgeon/American College of Cardiology Transcatheter Valve Therapy Registry.Ann Thorac Surg. 2019; 107: 1097-1103
- Stroke and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with carotid disease undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 11: e006322
- Association between asymptomatic carotid atherosclerosis and degenerative aortic stenosis.Atherosclerosis. 2012; 223: 519-522
- Extracranial carotid artery stenosis and outcomes of patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Int J Cardiol. 2017; 227: 278-283
- Lack of association between extracranial carotid and vertebral artery disease and stroke after transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Can J Cardiol. 2016; 32: 1419-1424
- Should we perform carotid Doppler screening before surgical or transcatheter aortic valve replacement?.Ann Thorac Surg. 2017; 103: 787-794
- Carotid artery disease and periprocedural stroke risk after transcatheter aortic valve implantation.Ann Card Anaesth. 2012; 20: 145-151
- Clinical utility of carotid duplex ultrasound prior to cardiac surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 63: 710-714
- Prognostic impact of asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2018; 56: 741-748
- Nonselective carotid artery ultrasound screening in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting: is it necessary?.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016; 151: 402-408
- Narrative review on endovascular techniques for left subclavian artery revascularization during thoracic endovascular aortic repair and risk factors for post-operative stroke.Interactive Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2021; 32: 764-772
- Cerebral embolic protection during transcatheter aortic valve replacement significantly reduces death and stroke compared with unprotected procedures.J Am Coll Cardiol Intv. 2017; 10: 2297-2303
- Neurological outcomes with embolic protection devices in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement. A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.J Am Coll Cardiol Intv. 2016; 9: 2124-2133
- Evidence for cerebral embolic protection in transcatheter aortic valve implantation and thoracic endovascular aortic repair.Ann Vasc Surg. 2019; 55: 292-306
- Early clinical impac of cerebral embolic protection in patient undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12: e007605
- Rate of peri-procedural stroke observed with cerebral embolic protection during transcatheter aortic valve replacement: a patient-level propensity-matched analysis.Eur Heart J. 2019; 40: 1334-1339
The first two authors contributed equally to this work and should co-share the first authorship.
Conflicts of Interest: None disclosed.
Funding: None disclosed.