- •Socioeconomic status.
- •Peripheral vascular disease and diabetes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Socioeconomic status and cardiovascular outcomes: challenges and interventions.Circulation. 2018; 137: 2166-2178
- Type 2 diabetes incidence and socio-economic position: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Int J Epidemiol. 2011; 40: 804-818
- Socioeconomic position and health among persons with diabetes mellitus: a conceptual framework and review of the literature.Epidemiol Rev. 2004; 26: 63-77
- Socioeconomic status and incidence of hospitalization with lower-extremity peripheral artery disease: atherosclerosis risk in communities study.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6: e004995
- Socioeconomic status and type 2 diabetes complications among young adult patients in Japan.PLoS One. 2017; 12: e0176087
- Socioeconomic status and risk of cardiovascular disease in 20 low-income, middle-income, and high-income countries: the Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiologic (PURE) study.Lancet Glob Health. 2019; 7: e748-e760
- Lower socioeconomic status is associated with worse outcomes in pulmonary arterial hypertension.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013; 187: 303-310
- Socioeconomic status and mortality among dialysis patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Int Urol Nephrol. 2019; 51: 509-518
- Amputation risk in patients with diabetes mellitus and peripheral artery disease using Statewide data.Ann Vasc Surg. 2016; 30: 123-131
- Meta-analysis of risk factors for amputation in diabetic foot infections.Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2019; 35: e3165
- Risk factors for lower extremity amputation in patients with diabetic foot ulcers: a meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2020; 15: e0239236
- Epidemiology and risk of amputation in patients with diabetes mellitus and peripheral artery disease.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2020; 40: 1808-1817
- Review of socioeconomic disparities in lower extremity amputations: a continuing healthcare problem in the United States.Cureus. 2018; 10: e3418
- Atherosclerosis and thromboembolic risk in atrial fibrillation: focus on peripheral vascular disease.Ann Med. 2013; 45: 274-290
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of revascularization outcomes of infrainguinal chronic limb-threatening ischemia.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 68: 624-633
- Risk of lower limb amputation in a national prevalent cohort of patients with diabetes.Diabetologia. 2018; 61: 626-635
- Statistics about diabetes | ADA.Diabetes.org.https://www.diabetes.org/resources/statistics/statistics-about-diabetesDate: 2021Date accessed: August 2, 2021
- Foot ulceration and its association with mortality in diabetes mellitus: a meta-analysis.Diabet Med. 2020; 37: 211-218
- Prevalence and associated factors of foot ulcer among diabetic patients in Ethiopia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMC Public Health. 2020; 20: 41
- 2019 Area deprivation index.https://www.neighborhoodatlas.medicine.wisc.eduDate: 2015Date accessed: May 18, 2021
- Making neighborhood disadvantage metrics accessible: the neighborhood Atlas.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 2456-2458
- A meta-analysis of Long-term mortality and associated risk factors following lower extremity amputation.Ann Vasc Surg. 2017; 42: 322-327
- The burden of amputation in patients with peripheral arterial disease in The Netherlands.J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2020; 61: 435-444
- Outcomes in lower limb amputation following trauma: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Injury. 2011; 42: 1474-1479
- The prevalence and risk factors for phantom limb pain in people with amputations: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2020; 15: e0240431
- The current state of critical limb ischemia: a systematic review.JAMA Surg. 2016; 151: 1070-1077
- Limb- and person-level risk factors for lower-limb amputation in the Prospective Seattle diabetic foot study.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: 891-898
- Social determinants of health status.Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2012; 33: 494-497
- Poverty and medical treatment: when public policy compromises accessibility.Can J Public Health. 1998; 89: 120-124
- Traveling towards disease: transportation barriers to health care access.J Community Health. 2013; 38: 976-993
- Associations of health literacy with socioeconomic position, health risk behavior, and health status: a large national population-based survey among Danish adults.BMC Public Health. 2020; 20: 565
- Socioeconomic status and stress-induced increases in interleukin-6.Brain Behav Immun. 2004; 18: 281-290
- Life stress and social support in diabetes: association with glycemic control.Int J Psychiatry Med. 1990; 20: 365-372
- Socioeconomic status: the missing link between Obesity and diabetes mellitus?.Curr Diabetes Rev. 2018; 14: 321-326
- Socioeconomic status and risk factors for cardiovascular disease: impact of dietary mediators.Hellenic J Cardiol. 2017; 58: 32-42
- Socioeconomic inequality and peripheral artery disease prevalence in US adults.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2014; 7: 532-539
- The influence of socio-economic deprivation on rates of major lower limb amputation secondary to peripheral arterial disease.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2010; 40: 76-80
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Disclosure: All authors have nothing to disclose.
Conflicts of interest: None declared.