- •A retrospective single-center cohort study involving 216 patients.
- •Sensitive prediction model (C statistic = 0.768) for groin complication after open vascular surgery.
- •Facilitates preoperative decision making and use of prophylactic wound adjuncts.
- •Vasculink is offered as an iPhone application for the ease of use.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Variation in timing and type of groin wound complications highlights the need for uniform reporting standards.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 532-543
- Effect of wound classification on risk adjustment in American college of surgeons NSQIP.J Am Coll Surg. 2014; 219: 371-381.e5
- Predictors of surgical site infection after open lower extremity revascularization.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 54: 433-439
- Experience with a new negative pressure incision management system in prevention of groin wound infection in vascular surgery patients.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 791-795
- Transverse versus longitudinal inguinotomy for femoral artery approach.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018; 2018: CD013153
- Impact of intraoperative administration of local vancomycin on inguinal wound complications.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 1079-1083
- Prophylactic muscle flaps in vascular surgery: the penn groin assessment scale.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012; 129: 940e-949e
- Reduction of groin wound complications in vascular surgery patients using closed incision negative pressure therapy (ciNPT): a prospective, randomised, single-institution study.Int Wound J. 2018; 15: 75-83
- Contemporary review to reduce groin surgical site infections in vascular surgery.Ann Vasc Surg. 2021; 72: 578-588
- Vascular surgical site infection: risk factors and preventive measures.Semin Vasc Surg. 2015; 28: 201-207
- Negative pressure wound therapy for surgical wounds healing by primary closure.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2019; 3: CD009261
- Predictors of surgical site infection after hospital discharge in patients undergoing major vascular surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 62: 1023-1031.e5
- Validated prediction model for severe groin wound infection after lower extremity revascularization procedures.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 63: 414-419
- Analysis of risk factors for abdominal aortic aneurysm in a cohort of more than 3 million individuals.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 539-548
- Infection in arterial reconstruction with synthetic grafts.Ann Surg. 1972; 176: 321-333
- Predictors of surgical site infection after open lower extremity revascularization.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 65: 1769-1778.e3
- Groin wound infection after vascular exposure (GIVE) multicentre cohort study.Int Wound J. 2021; 18: 164-175
- Female gender and oral anticoagulants are associated with wound complications in lower extremity vein bypass: an analysis of 1404 operations for critical limb ischemia.J Vasc Surg. 2007; 46: 1191-1197
- Body mass index: surgical site infections and mortality after lower extremity bypass from the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program 2005-2007.Ann Vasc Surg. 2010; 24: 48-56
- Gender and frailty predict poor outcomes in infrainguinal vascular surgery.J Surg Res. 2016; 201: 156-165
- Involvement of the leptin-adiponectin axis in inflammation and oxidative stress in the metabolic syndrome.Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 6619
- Vascular graft infections.Swiss Med Wkly. 2013; 143: w13754
- Wound healing and infection in surgery: the pathophysiological impact of smoking, smoking cessation, and nicotine replacement therapy: a systematic review.Ann Surg. 2012; 255: 1069-1079
- Prosthetic graft infections involving the femoral artery.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 700-705
- Urgency of surgery as an indicator for the occurrence of surgical site infections: data from over 100,000 surgical procedures.J Hosp Infect. 2021; 110: 1-6
- Worldwide epidemiology of diabetes-related end-stage renal disease, 2000-2015.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: 89-97
- Risk of cardiovascular disease and mortality in young adults with end-stage renal disease: an analysis of the US renal data system.JAMA Cardiol. 2019; 4: 353-362
- Rehospitalizations among patients in the medicare fee-for-service program.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1418-1428
- Risk prediction of 30-day readmission after infrainguinal bypass for critical limb ischemia.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 1481-1488
- Prophylactic groin wound vacuum-assisted therapy in vascular surgery patients at enhanced risk for postoperative wound infection.Ann Vasc Surg. 2018; 46: 127-133
- Randomized clinical trial of negative pressure wound therapy for high-risk groin wounds in lower extremity revascularization.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 1814-1819
- Modified frailty index can Be used to predict adverse outcomes and mortality after lower extremity bypass surgery.Ann Vasc Surg. 2018; 46: 168-177
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Declaration of Interests: Kenneth A. Livingston, B.S.: None. Ezra Koh, M.D.: None. Mu'ath Adlouni, B.S: None. Adel Hassan, B.S.: None. Weicheng Gan, M.S.: None. Yijun zhang, M.S.: None. Tokunbo Falohun, M.S.: None. Eric K. Peden, M.D.: Consulting Fees (e.g., advisory boards), Other Financial or Material Support for the following: Artegraft, Inc; Humacyte, Inc.; Laminate Medical Technologies, LTD; Merck Sharpe & Dohme Corp; Merit; TVA Medical/Bard/BD Medical. VenoStent: Salary and Contracted Research. Maham Rahimi, M.D., Ph.D.: None.