Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Scoping review of frailty in vascular surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 1989-1998.e2
- Frailty in patients undergoing vascular surgery: a narrative review of current evidence.Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2019; 15: 1217-1232
- Frailty assessment instruments: systematic characterization of the uses and contexts of highly-cited instruments.Ageing Res Rev. 2016; 26: 53-61
- Frailty increases the risk of 30-day mortality, morbidity, and failure to rescue after elective abdominal aortic aneurysm repair independent of age and comorbidities.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 61: 324-331
- Development and initial validation of the risk analysis index for measuring frailty in surgical populations.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 175-182
- Recalibration and external validation of the risk analysis index: a surgical frailty assessment tool.Ann Surg. 2020; 272: 996-1005
- Practical guide to surgical data sets: national surgical quality improvement Program (NSQIP) and pediatric NSQIP.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 764-765
- Frailty Index associated with postoperative complications and mortality after lower extremity amputation in a national veteran cohort.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 74: 963-971
- Gender and frailty predict poor outcomes in infrainguinal vascular surgery.J Surg Res. 2016; 201: 156-165
- Accumulation of deficits as a key risk factor for cardiovascular morbidity and mortality: a pooled analysis of 154 000 individuals.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9: e014686
- Frailty as a risk factor for cardiovascular versus noncardiovascular mortality in older men: results from the MrOS sleep (outcomes of sleep disorders in older men) study.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7: e008974
- Preoperative frailty increases risk of nonhome discharge after elective vascular surgery in home-dwelling patients.Ann Vasc Surg. 2016; 35: 19-29
- Preoperative frailty assessment predicts loss of independence after vascular surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 68: 1382-1389
- Variation in center-level frailty burden and the impact of frailty on long-term survival in patients undergoing elective repair for abdominal aortic aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 46-55.e4
- Clinical utility of the risk analysis index as a prospective frailty screening tool within a multi-practice, multi-hospital integrated healthcare system.Ann Surg. 2021; 274: e1230-e1237
- Grip strength measurement for frailty assessment in patients with vascular disease and associations with comorbidity, cardiac risk, and sarcopenia.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 1512-1520
- Psoas muscle area predicts all-cause mortality after endovascular and open aortic aneurysm repair.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2016; 52: 764-769
- Frailty and cardiovascular outcomes in the national health and aging trends study.Eur Heart J. 2021; 42: 3856-3865
- Frailty leads to poor long-term survival in patients undergoing elective vascular surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 73: 2132-2139.e2
- The effect of frailty on long term outcomes in vascular surgical patients.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2020; 60: 264-272
- Association of preoperative patient frailty and operative stress with postoperative mortality.JAMA Surg. 2020; 155: e194620
- Association of frailty and the expanded operative stress score with preoperative acute serious conditions, complications and mortality in males compared to females: a retrospective observational study.Ann Surg. 2021; (Advance online publication) (In press)
- Association between patient frailty and postoperative mortality across multiple noncardiac surgical specialties.JAMA Surg. 2021; 156: e205152
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Declarations of interest: None.
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.