Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Vascular cognitive impairment.Lancet Neurol. 2003; 2: 89-98
- Carotid artery disease and cognitive impairment.J Neurol Sci. 2012; 322: 107-111
- Carotid atherosclerosis predicts lower cognitive test results: a 7-year follow-up study of 4,371 stroke-free subjects - the Tromsø study.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012; 33: 159-165
- Asymptomatic carotid stenosis is associated with cognitive impairment.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 1083-1092
- Cognitive changes after surgery vs stenting for carotid artery stenosis.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 54: 691-698
- Comparison of domain-specific cognitive function after carotid endarterectomy and stenting.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 62: 355-361
- Carotid revascularization and its effect on cognitive function: a prospective nonrandomized multicenter clinical study.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2020; 29: 104702
- Comparative study on carotid revascularization (endarterectomy vs stenting) using markers of cellular brain injury, neuropsychometric tests, and diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 51: 584-591
- Silent stroke and cognitive decline in asymptomatic carotid stenosis revascularization.Vascular. 2012; 20: 181-187
- Dynamics of brain perfusion and cognitive performance in revascularization of carotid artery stenosis.Neuroimage Clin. 2019; 22: 101779
- the North American symptomatic carotid endarterectomy trial : surgical results in 1415 patients.Stroke. 1999; 30: 1751-1758
- Editor's choice - management of atherosclerotic carotid and vertebral artery disease: 2017 clinical practice guidelines of the European society for vascular surgery (ESVS).Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2018; 55: 3-81
- China interventional stroke registry: rationale and study design.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013; 35: 349-354
- Optimal cutoff scores for dementia and mild cognitive impairment of the Montreal Cognitive Assessment among elderly and oldest-old Chinese population.J Alzheimers Dis. 2015; 43: 1403-1412
- A clinical memory battery for screening for amnestic mild cognitive impairment in an elderly Chinese population.J Clin Neurosci. 2011; 18: 774-779
- Echolucent carotid plaque is associated with restenosis after carotid endarterectomy.J Neurosurg. 2020; 134: 1203-1209
- Effect of carotid artery stenting on cognitive function in patients with internal carotid artery stenosis and cerebral lacunar infarction: a 3-year follow-up study in China.PloS One. 2015; 10: e129917
- Cognitive improvement after carotid artery stenting in patients with symptomatic internal carotid artery near-occlusion.J Neurol Sci. 2019; 404: 86-90
- Comparison of microembolism detected by transcranial Doppler and neuropsychological sequelae of carotid surgery and percutaneous transluminal angioplasty.Stroke. 2000; 31: 1329-1334
- The Montreal Cognitive Assessment, MoCA: a brief screening tool for mild cognitive impairment.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005; 53: 695-699
- Association of stroke with dementia, cognitive impairment, and functional disability in the very old: a population-based study.Stroke. 1998; 29: 2094-2099
- Endarterectomy for asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis. Executive committee for the asymptomatic carotid atherosclerosis study.JAMA. 1995; 273: 1421-1428
- 10-year stroke prevention after successful carotid endarterectomy for asymptomatic stenosis (ACST-1): a multicentre randomised trial.Lancet. 2010; 376: 1074-1084
- Cerebral blood flow and cognitive functioning in a community-based, multi-ethnic cohort: the SABRE study.Front Aging Neurosci. 2018; 10: 279
- Cognitive performance in elderly patients undergoing carotid endarterectomy or carotid artery stenting: a twelve-month follow-up study.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010; 30: 244-251
- Differences in number, size and location of intracranial microembolic lesions after surgical versus endovascular treatment without protection device of carotid artery stenosis.J Neurol. 2004; 251: 1198-1203
- Silent brain infarcts and the risk of dementia and cognitive decline.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 1215-1222
- Embolism to the brain during carotid stenting and surgery.Acta Chir Belg. 2007; 107: 151-154
- Prospective neurocognitive evaluation of patients undergoing carotid interventions.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 56: 1571-1578
- Volume of subclinical embolic infarct correlates to long-term cognitive changes after carotid revascularization.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 65: 686-694
- Factors associated with hypotension and bradycardia after carotid angioplasty and stenting.J Vasc Surg. 2007; 46: 846-853
- Postprocedural hypotension after carotid artery stent placement: predictors and short- and long-term clinical outcomes.Radiology. 2000; 215: 677-683
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Declaration of Conflicting Interests: The authors declared no conflicts of interest.
Funding: No funding was received for conducting this study.
Authors Contribution: Conception and design: Yachan Ning, Jianming Guo, Jian Zhang; Analysis and interpretation: Yachan Ning, Jianming Guo, Julong Guo, Alan Dardik; Data collection: Yachan Ning, Lianrui Guo; Writing the article: Yachan Ning; Critical revision of the article: Yachan Ning, Jianming Guo, Chunmei Wang, Yongquan Gu, Alan Dardik, Xunming Ji; Statistical analysis: Yachan Ning, Lipo Song; Overall responsibility: Jianming Guo, Jian Zhang.