Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Use of embolic protection devices in peripheral interventions.Interv Cardiol. 2017; 12: 31-35
- High reintervention and amputation rates after outpatient atherectomy for claudication.Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2018; 52: 427-433
- Incidence and clinical significance of distal embolization during percutaneous interventions involving the superficial femoral artery.J Vasc Surg. 2007; 46: 1155-1159
- Lesion types and device characteristics that predict distal embolization during percutaneous lower extremity interventions.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 53: 347-352
- The 1-year clinical impact of rotational aspiration atherectomy of infrainguinal lesions.Angiology. 2011; 62: 645-656
- Determinants of survival and major amputation after peripheral endovascular intervention for critical limb ischemia.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 62: 655-664.e8
- Comparison of atherectomy to balloon angioplasty and stenting for Isolated femoropopliteal revascularization.Ann Vasc Surg. 2020; 69: 261-273
- Randomized trial of a distal embolic protection device during percutaneous intervention of saphenous vein aorto-coronary bypass grafts.Circulation. 2002; 105: 1285-1290
- Early outcome of carotid angioplasty and stenting with and without cerebral protection devices: a systematic review of the literature.Stroke. 2003; 34: 813-819
- Distal embolization during lower extremity endovascular interventions.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 143-150
- An algorithm for the use of embolic protection during atherectomy for femoral popliteal lesions.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017; 10: 403-410
- To protect or not to protect? In lower extremity angioplasty procedures, “why not?” is the question!.J Endovasc Ther. 2008; 15: 277-282
- When is embolic protection needed in lower extremity interventions and how should it be done.J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2012; 53: 173-175
- Embolic protection devices for peripheral application: wasteful or useful?.J Endovasc Ther. 2009; 16: 163-169
- Safety and effectiveness of the Nav-6 filter in preventing distal embolization during jetstream atherectomy of infrainguinal peripheral artery lesions.J Invasive Cardiol. 2016; 18: 330-333
- Association of quality improvement registry participation with appropriate follow-up after vascular procedures.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 216-223
- Using the vascular quality initiative to improve quality of care and patient outcomes for vascular surgery patients.Semin Vasc Surg. 2015; 28: 97-102
- Inter-society consensus for the management of peripheral arterial disease (TASC II).J Vasc Surg. 2007; 45: S5-S67
- Clinical significance of embolic events in patients undergoing endovascular femoropopliteal interventions with or without embolic protection devices.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 59: 359-367.e1
- Distal embolic event protection using excimer laser ablation in peripheral vascular interventions: results of the DEEP EMBOLI registry.J Endovasc Ther. 2009; 16: 197-202
- Preventing lower extremity distal embolization using embolic filter protection: results of the PROTECT registry.J Endovasc Ther. 2008; 15: 270-276
- Final results of the protected superficial femoral artery trial using the FilterWire EZ system.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2010; 33: 1120-1127
- Distal embolic protection during femoropopliteal atherectomy.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2006; 67: 417-422
- Frequent embolization in peripheral angioplasty: detection with an embolism protection device (AngioGuard) and electron microscopy.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2003; 26: 334-339
- The use of embolic protection devices during lower extremity peripheral vascular interventions.Ann Vasc Surg. 2020; 69: 9-16
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
A.F. and H.B. These authors have contributed equally to this work.
Disclosure: The authors have no financial disclosures.
Author contributions: Conception and design: D.B., V.C., and C.I.O.C., Analysis and interpretation: A.F., H.B., and C.I.O.C., Data collection: H.B., Writing the manuscript: A.F. and C.I.O.C., Critical revision: A.F., H.B., D.B., V.C., and C.I.O.C.