Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Outcomes of emergent inguinal hernia repair in veteran octogenarians.Am Surg. 2014; 80: 479-483
- Predictors of long-term mortality in octogenarian veterans following inguinal hernia repair.Hernia. 2021; 26: 243-249
- Current predictors of mortality in veteran patients undergoing major lower extremity amputations: risk factors have not changed and mortality remains high.Am Surg. 2022; (31348221074235, In press)
- Surgical risk calculators in veterans following lower extremity amputation.Am J Surg. 2021; (In press)
- Risk adjustment of the postoperative mortality rate for the comparative assessment of the quality of surgical care: results of the National Veterans Affairs Surgical Risk Study.J Am Coll Surg. 1997; 185: 315-327
- Risk adjustment of the postoperative morbidity rate for the comparative assessment of the quality of surgical care: results of the National Veterans Affairs Surgical Risk Study.J Am Coll Surg. 1997; 185: 328-340
- The validity of the VA surgical risk tool in predicting postoperative mortality among octogenarians.Am J Surg. 2015; 209: 274-279
- Assessing the veterans affairs surgical quality improvement program risk calculator in cholecystectomy.Am Surg. 2018; 84: 1039-1042
- Evidence based emergency medicine; Part 5 receiver operating curve and area under the curve.Emerg (Tehran). 2016; 4: 111-113
- Are we taking a risk with risk assessment tools? Evaluating the relationship between NSQIP and the ACS risk calculator in colorectal surgery.Am J Surg. 2018; 216: 645-651
- Predicting postoperative complications after acute care surgery: how accurate is the ACS NSQIP surgical risk calculator?.Am Surg. 2019; 85: 335-341
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Disclosure: None of the authors have any interests to disclose.
Author contributions: All the authors have contributed significantly for this manuscript as per the ICMJE criteria.
Ethical approval: All procedures performed in the studies involving human participates were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institution and/or national research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
Ethical standards: An appropriate institutional review board approval was obtained for the study.
Human and animal rights: This article does not contain any study with animals performed by the authors.
Informed consent: The informed consent due to the retrospective nature review of this study was waived by the Institutional Review Board at the VA North Texas Health Care System.