Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Underlying Cause of Death 1999–2018 on CDC WONDER Online Database website.
- The impact of gender on presentation, therapy, and mortality of abdominal aortic aneurysm in the United States, 2001-2004.J Vasc Surg. 2007; 45: 891-899
- The society for vascular surgery practice guidelines on the care of patients with an abdominal aortic aneurysm.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 2-77.e2
- A randomized trial comparing conventional and endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1607-1618
- Open versus endovascular stent graft repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms: a meta-analysis of randomized trials.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2012; 5: 1071-1080
- Outcomes following endovascular vs open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm: a randomized trial.JAMA. 2009; 302: 1535-1542
- Endovascular aneurysm repair versus open repair in patients with abdominal aortic aneurysm (EVAR trial 1): randomized controlled trial.Lancet. 2005; 365: 2179-2186
- United States Renal Data System 2011 Annual Data Report: Atlas of chronic kidney disease & end-stage renal disease in the United States.Am J Kidney Dis. 2012; 59: e1-e420
- Limited survival in dialysis patients undergoing intact abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 60: 908-913.e1
- High mortality rates after both open surgical and endovascular thoracic aortic interventions in patients with end-stage renal disease.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 991-996
- US renal data system 2018 annual data report: epidemiology of kidney disease in the United States.Am J Kidney Dis. 2019; 73: A7-A8
- KDOQI clinical practice guideline for vascular access: 2019 update.Am J Kidney Dis. 2020; 75: S1-S164
- Fistula first initiative: historical impact on vascular access practice patterns and influence on future vascular access care.Cardiovasc Eng Technol. 2017; 8: 244-254
- An improved comorbidity index for outcome analyses among dialysis patients.Kidney Int. 2010; 77: 141-151
- Association of a frailty screening initiative with postoperative survival at 30, 180, and 365 days.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 233-240
- Patients with end-stage renal disease have poor outcomes after endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 405-413
- Perioperative complications and early outcome after endovascular and open surgical repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2004; 39: 497-505
- Experience in the United States with intact abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2001; 33: 304-311
- Endovascular vs. Open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms in the Medicare population.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 464-474
- A statewide experience with endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: rapid diffusion with excellent early results.J Vasc Surg. 2004; 39: 10-18
- Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm in patients physically ineligible for open repair.Ann Surg. 2017; 266: 713-719
- The natural course of abdominal aortic aneurysms that meet the treatment criteria but not the operative requirements.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 326-331
- The obesity paradox in patients with peripheral arterial disease.Chest. 2008; 134: 925-930
- Obesity paradox in peripheral arterial disease: results of a propensity match analysis from the national inpatient sample.Cureus. 2019; 11: e4704
- Inverse association of mortality and body mass index in patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction of both ischemic and non-ischemic etiologies.Clin Cardiol. 2021; 44: 495-500
- The impact of body mass index on perioperative and postoperative outcomes for endovascular abdominal aneurysm repair.Ann Vasc Surg. 2020; 62: 183-190.e1
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Disclosure: The data reported here have been supplied by the United States Renal Data System (USRDS). The interpretation and reporting of these data are the responsibility of the author(s) and in no way should be seen as an official policy or interpretation of the United States government.
Othman Abdul Malak was funded through NIH grant T32 HL 098036-11 .