- •Largest single-center series examining endovascular repair in patients with HTAD.
- •Endovascular repair is relatively safe and may be lifesaving in emergent situations.
- •Endoleaks and reintervention rates are high after endovascular repair in HTAD.
- •Endovascular repair is appropriate as a bridging technique to open surgical repair.
- •Hybrid repair with surgically created proximal landing zones may improve durability.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hereditary influence in thoracic aortic aneurysm and dissection.Circulation. 2016; 133: 2516-2528
- Optimising aortic endovascular repair in patients with marfan syndrome.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2020; 59: 577-585
- Physician-modified thoracic stent-graft with low distal radial force to prevent distal stent-graft–induced new entry tears in patients with genetic aortic syndromes and aortic dissection.J Endovasc Ther. 2018; 25: 456-463
- Expert consensus document on the treatment of descending thoracic aortic disease using endovascular stent-grafts.Ann Thorac Surg. 2008; 85: S1-S41
- Endovascular thoracic aortic repair in confirmed or suspected genetically triggered thoracic aortic dissection.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 68: 364-371
- Endovascular repair of aortic dissection in marfan syndrome: current status and future perspectives.Diseases. 2015; 3: 159-166
- Thoracic aortic endografting in patients with connective tissue diseases.J Endovasc Ther. 2008; 15: 144-149
- Endovascular treatment of acute and chronic aortic pathology in patients with Marfan syndrome.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 55 (discussion 1240-1): 1234-1240
- Hybrid thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair: is the future here?.J Vis Surg. 2018; 4: 61
- Hybrid open endovascular technique for aortic thoracoabdominal pathologies.Circulation. 2011; 124: 2670-2680
- The revised Ghent nosology for the Marfan syndrome.J Med Genet. 2010; 47: 476
- Society for vascular surgery (SVS) and Society of thoracic Surgeons (STS) reporting standards for type B aortic dissections.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 723-747
- Pregnancy after aortic root replacement in Loeys-Dietz syndrome: high risk of aortic dissection.Am J Med Genet A. 2016; 170: 2177-2180
- Current management and outcome of chronic type B aortic dissection: results with open and endovascular repair since the advent of thoracic endografting.Ann Cardiothorac Surg. 2014; 3: 264-274
- Treatment of thoracoabdominal aortic disease in patients with connective tissue disorders.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 68: 1257-1267
- Epidemiology of aortic aneurysm repair in the United States from 2000 to 2010.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 59: 1512-1517
- Beyond the aortic root: staged open and endovascular repair of arch and descending aorta in patients with connective tissue disorders.Ann Thorac Surg. 2016; 101: 906-912
- Hybrid aortic arch and frozen elephant trunk reconstruction: bridging the gap between conventional and total endovascular arch repair.Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2018; 16: 209-217
- Hybrid and total endovascular repair of the aortic arch.Br J Surg. 2018; 105: 315-327
- Surgical treatment of intact thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms in the United States: hospital and surgeon volume-related outcomes.J Vasc Surg. 2003; 37: 1169-1174
- Outcomes of 3309 thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repairs.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016; 151: 1323-1338
- Open thoracoabdominal aortic repair in patients with heritable aortic disease in the GenTAC Registry.Ann Thorac Surg. 2020; 109: 1378-1384
- Stent grafting of dissected descending aorta in patients with Marfan's syndrome: mid-term results.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2008; 1: 673-680
- Endovascular management of chronic aortic dissection in patients with Marfan syndrome.J Vasc Surg. 2009; 50: 987-991
- Stent graft repair of descending aortic dissection in patients with Marfan syndrome: an effective alternative to open reoperation?.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009; 138: 1108-1114
- Endovascular treatment of type B dissection in patients with marfan syndrome: mid-term outcomes and aortic remodeling.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013; 82: E898-E905
- Stent-grafts in patients with Marfan syndrome.J Endovasc Ther. 2005; 12: 82-88
- Endovascular repair of thoracoabdominal and arch aneurysms in patients with connective tissue disease using branched and Fenestrated devices.Ann Vasc Surg. 2017; 44: 158-163
- Outcomes of endovascular therapy for Stanford type B aortic dissection in patients with Marfan syndrome.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2021.05.045
- Safety and effectiveness of TEVAR in native proximal landing zone 2 for chronic type B aortic dissection in patients with genetic aortic syndrome.J Endovasc Ther. 2021; (15266028211061276)https://doi.org/10.1177/15266028211061276
- Endovascular treatment of aortic Pathologies in patients with marfan syndrome: single-center experience.J Endovasc Ther. 2021; (15266028211067733)https://doi.org/10.1177/15266028211067733
- Distal stent graft-induced new entry: an emerging complication of endovascular treatment in aortic dissection.Ann Thorac Surg. 2016; 102: 527-532
- Stent graft-induced new entry after endovascular repair for stanford type B aortic dissection.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 1450-1457
- A syndrome of altered cardiovascular, craniofacial, neurocognitive and skeletal development caused by mutations in TGFBR1 or TGFBR2.Nat Genet. 2005; 37: 275-281
- Endovascular repair of a dissecting pararenal abdominal aortic aneurysm in a patient with type III Loeys-Dietz syndrome.J Vasc Surg Cases Innov Tech. 2021; 1: 10-15
- Endovascular repair of bilateral iliac artery aneurysms in a patient with Loeys-Dietz syndrome.Ann Vasc Surg. 2012; 26: 107.e5-10
- Endovascular repair of tortuous recurrent femoral-popliteal aneurysm in a patient with Loeys-Dietz syndrome.J Vasc Surg Cases Innov Tech. 2018; 2: 156-159
- Endovascular repair of large intercostal artery patch aneurysm using branch stent-graft in a patient with Loeys-Dietz syndrome.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 159: e95-e99
- Endovascular repair of an internal mammary artery aneurysm in a patient with Loeys-Dietz syndrome.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 55: 837-840
- Endovascular repair of descending thoracic aorta in Loeys-Dietz II syndrome.Ann Vasc Surg. 2015; 29: 1452.e17-1452.e21
- A rare cause of recurrent aortic dissection.J Saudi Heart Assoc. 2016; 28: 176-179
- Endovascular therapy in patients with genetically triggered thoracic aortic disease: applications and short- and mid-term outcomes.Eur J Cardiothoracic Surg. 2014; 46: 248-253
- Stepwise total aortic repairs with Fenestrated endografts in a patient with Loeys-Dietz syndrome.Ann Thorac Surg. 2017; 104: e39-e42
- Open versus endovascular or hybrid thoracic aortic aneurysm repair.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2016; 18: 60
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: This work was supported by the Washington University School of Medicine Summer Research Program , the Office of Medical Student Research, and the NIH T35 NHLBI Training Grant Fellowship.