Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Risk factors for early and late mortality after fenestrated and branched endovascular repair of complex aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 1342-1355
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of endovascular juxtarenal aortic aneurysm repair demonstrates lower perioperative mortality compared with open repair.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 70: 2054-2064.e3
- Sarcopenia predicts mortality and adverse outcomes after endovascular aneurysm repair and can be used to risk stratify patients.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 70: 1576-1584
- Psoas muscle area predicts all-cause mortality after endovascular and open aortic aneurysm repair.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2016; 52: 764-769
- Preoperative exercise rehabilitation in cardiac and vascular interventions.J Surg Res. 2019; 237: 3-11
- Frailty assessment in the cardiovascular care of older adults.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 747-762
- Sarcopenia and mortality after liver transplantation.J Am Coll Surg. 2010; 211: 271-278
- Simple psoas cross-sectional area measurement is a quick and easy method to assess sarcopenia and predicts major surgical complications.Colorectal Dis. 2015; 17: O20-O26
- Impact of sarcopenia on 1-year mortality in older patients with cancer.Age Ageing. 2019; 48: 413-418
- Ageing well: a review of sarcopenia and frailty.Proc Nutr Soc. 2015; 74: 337-347
- Computed tomographic analysis of the quality of trunk muscles in asymptomatic and symptomatic lumbar discectomy patients.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2011; 12: 65
- Pre-operative assessment of muscle mass to predict surgical complications and prognosis in patients with endometrial cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2015; 22: 972-979
- Psoas muscle area and length of stay in older adults undergoing cardiac operations.Ann Thorac Surg. 2017; 103: 1498-1504
- Psoas muscle area and all-cause mortality after transcatheter aortic valve replacement: the montreal-munich study.Can J Cardiol. 2016; 32: 177-182
- Psoas muscle area as a prognostic factor for survival in patients with an asymptomatic infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm: a retrospective cohort study.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2018; 55: 83-91
- Psoas muscle area and attenuation are highly predictive of complications and mortality after complex endovascular aortic repair.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 73: 1178-1188.e1
- Pre-operative psoas muscle size combined with radiodensity predicts mid-term survival and quality of life after fenestrated-branched endovascular aortic repair.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2020; 59: 31-39
- Psoas muscle area and quality are independent predictors of survival in patients treated for abdominal aortic aneurysms.Ann Vasc Surg. 2019; 56: 183-193.e3
- Sarcopenia predicts poor long-term survival in patients undergoing endovascular aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 453-459
- Total psoas area predicts medium-term mortality after lower limb revascularization.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 68: 1114-1125.e1
- CT-derived pretreatment thoracic sarcopenia is associated with late mortality after thoracic endovascular aortic repair.Ann Vasc Surg. 2020; 66: 171-178
- Adverse outcomes after advanced EVAR in patients with sarcopaenia.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2021; 44: 376-383
- The principal artery of the psoas major muscle.Surg Radiol Anat. 1989; 11: 33-36
- Risk of psoas muscle atrophy after endovascular aneurysm repair assessed by cross-sectional psoas muscle area.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2020; 43: 981-986
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Author contributions: All authors have contributed significantly to this manuscript.
Conflicts of interest: JB is a consultant for Cook Medical. CA is a consultant for Cook Medical and Medtronic. All other authors have no conflicts of interest.