- •Transfemoral approach to visceral vessels in PMEGs can have operative advantages.
- •Transfemoral approach to visceral vessels in PMEGs can have clinical outcome advantages.
- •Single-center retrospective review of prospectively collected data.
- •When technically feasible, a transfemoral approach should be considered.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms: preoperative and intraoperative factors determining immediate and long-term results of operations in 605 patients.J Vasc Surg. 1986; 3: 389-404
- Effect of extended cross-clamp time during thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair.Ann Thorac Surg. 1998; 66: 1204-1209
- Improved prognosis of thoracic aortic aneurysms: a population-based study.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1926-1929
- Prospective study of the natural history of thoracic aortic aneurysms.Ann Thorac Surg. 1997; 63 (Erratum in: Ann Thorac Surg 1997 Aug;64(2):594): 1533-1545
- Natural history of thoracic aortic aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 56: 565-571
- Natural history of thoracic aortic aneurysms: indications for surgery, and surgical versus nonsurgical risks.Ann Thorac Surg. 2002; 74: S1877-S1880
- Successful resection of aneurysm of thoracic aorta and replacement by graft.JAMA. 1953; 152: 673-676
- The surgery of the abdominal aorta and its major branches.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 1955; 17: 307-318
- Thirty-day mortality statistics underestimate the risk of repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms: a statewide experience.J Vasc Surg. 2006; 43: 217-222
- Comparison of endovascular aneurysm repair with open repair in patients with abdominal aortic aneurysm (EVAR trial 1), 30-day operative mortality results: randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2004; 364: 843-848
- Trends in endovascular aneurysm repair research: bibliometric analysis from 1994 to 2017.Ann Surg Treat Res. 2019; 96: 47-52
- U.S. Multicenter Fenestrated/Branched Aortic Research Consortium. Results of fenestrated and branched endovascular aortic aneurysm repair after failed infrarenal endovascular aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 72: 849-858
- Fenestrated stent-grafts for preserving visceral arterial branches in the treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms: preliminary experience.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 1996; 7: 819-823
- An endovascular system for thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Endovasc Ther. 2001; 8: 25-33
- Primary endovascular repair of juxtarenal aneurysms with fenestrated endovascular grafting.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2004; 27: 484-491
- Procedural and perioperative results in patients treated with fenestrated endovascular aneurysm repair planned by automated software in a physician-sponsored investigational device exemption trial of physician-modified endografts.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 68: 1297-1307
- Reporting standards for endovascular aortic repair of aneurysms involving the renal-mesenteric arteries.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 73: 4S-52S
- The state of complex endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repairs in the vascular quality initiative.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 70: 369-380
- Outcomes of upper extremity access during fenestrated-branched endovascular aortic repair.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 635-643
- Preloaded catheters and guide-wire systems to facilitate catheterization during fenestrated and branched endovascular aortic repair.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2019; 42: 1678-1686
- Right brachial access is safe for branched endovascular aneurysm repair in complex aortic disease.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 360-366
- The society for vascular surgery practice guidelines on the care of patients with an abdominal aortic aneurysm.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 2-77.e2
- Outcomes of directional branches using self-expandable or balloon-expandable stent grafts during endovascular repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 1489-1502.e6
- Modified fenestrated stent grafts: device design, modifications, implantation, and current applications.Perspect Vasc Surg Endovasc Ther. 2009; 21: 157-167
- Physician-modified endovascular grafts for the treatment of elective, symptomatic, or ruptured juxtarenal aortic aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 56: 601-607
- Stroke rate after endovascular aortic interventions in the society for vascular surgery vascular quality initiative.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 72: 1593-1601
- Utility of left subclavian artery revascularization in association with endoluminal repair of acute and chronic thoracic aortic pathology.J Vasc Surg. 2006; 43: 433-439
- Increased ischemic complications in fenestrated and branched endovascular abdominal aortic repair compared with standard endovascular aortic repair.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 72: 36-43
- Neurologic complications associated with endovascular repair of thoracic aortic pathology: incidence and risk factors. a study from the European Collaborators on Stent/Graft Techniques for Aortic Aneurysm Repair (EUROSTAR) registry.J Vasc Surg. 2007; 46 (discussion 1110-1): 1103-1110
- Thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair: current endovascular perspectives.Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2014; 10: 493-505
- A systematic review of outcomes of upper extremity access for fenestrated and branched endovascular aortic repair.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 1763-1770.e2
- Early experience with the snorkel technique for juxtarenal aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 55 (discussion 945-6): 935-946
- Preloaded guidewires to facilitate endovascular repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm using a physician-modified branched stent graft.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 59: 1168-1173
- Preloaded fenestrated stent-grafts for the treatment of juxtarenal aortic aneurysms.J Endovasc Ther. 2010; 17: 449-455
- Comparison of transfemoral versus upper extremity access to antegrade branches in branched endovascular aortic repair.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 73: 1498-1503
- Upper extremity access for fenestrated endovascular aortic aneurysm repair is not associated with increased morbidity.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 61: 80-87
- Comparison of outcomes with open, fenestrated, and chimney graft repair of juxtarenal aneurysms: are we ready for a paradigm shift?.J Endovasc Ther. 2013; 20: 159-169
- Upper extremity access options for complex endovascular aortic interventions.J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2018; 59: 360-367
- Modern image acquisition system reduces radiation exposure to patients and staff during complex endovascular aortic repair.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2020; 59: 295-300
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflict of interest: The authors declare that there is no conflict of interest.