Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Long-term comparison of thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR) to open surgery for the treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysms.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012; 144: 604-611
- Propensity adjusted analysis of open and endovascular thoracic aortic repair for chronic type B dissection: a twenty-year evaluation.Ann Thorac Surg. 2015; 99: 1260-1266
- Survival after open versus endovascular thoracic aortic aneurysm repair in an observational study of the Medicare population.Circulation. 2011; 124: 2661-2669
- Open and endovascular repair of type B aortic dissection in the Nationwide Inpatient Sample.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 860-866
- Incidence and determinants of spinal cord ischaemia in stent-graft repair of the thoracic aorta.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2008; 35: 455-461
- Neurologic complications associated with endovascular repair of thoracic aortic pathology: incidence and risk factors. a study from the European Collaborators on Stent/Graft Techniques for Aortic Aneurysm Repair (EUROSTAR) registry.J Vasc Surg. 2007; 46: 1103-1111
- Risk factors, outcomes, and clinical manifestations of spinal cord ischemia following thoracic endovascular aortic repair.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 54: 677-684
- Endovascular versus open repair for descending thoracic aortic rupture: institutional experience and meta-analysis.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2009; 35: 282-286
- Neurologic protection during TEVAR.(Retrieved from)https://evtoday.com/articles/2014-nov/neurologic-protection-during-tevarDate accessed: January 5, 2021
- Neurological complications after thoracic endovascular aortic repair. Does the left subclavian artery coverage without revascularization increase the risk of neurological complications in patients after thoracic endovascular aortic repair?.J Cardiothorac Surg. 2019; 14: 5
- Vascular distribution of stroke and its relationship to perioperative mortality and neurologic outcome after thoracic endovascular aortic repair.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 56: 1510-1517
- Risk factors for perioperative stroke during thoracic endovascular aortic repairs (TEVAR).J Endovasc Ther. 2007; 14: 568-573
- Morphological risk factors of stroke during thoracic endovascular aortic repair.Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2012; 397: 1267-1273
- Analysis of stroke after TEVAR involving the aortic arch.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2012; 43 ([published correction appears in Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2012 May;43(5):620-621]): 269-621
- Society for vascular surgery.https://www.vqi.org/about/participating-vqi-centers/Date accessed: January 5, 2021
- Stroke rate after endovascular aortic interventions in the society for vascular surgery vascular quality initiative [published correction appears in J Vasc surg. 2021 Jan;73(1):357].J Vasc Surg. 2020; 72: 1593-1601
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair with left subclavian artery coverage is associated with a high 30-day stroke incidence with or without concomitant revascularization.J Endovasc Ther. 2020; 27: 769-776
- Systematic review of clinical outcomes in hybrid procedures for aortic arch dissections and other arch diseases.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012; 144 (e13002): 1286-1300
- Postoperative stroke after debranching with thoracic endovascular aortic repair.Ann Vasc Surg. 2016; 36: 132-138
- Cerebral embolization, silent cerebral infarction and neurocognitive decline after thoracic endovascular aortic repair.Br J Surg. 2018; 105: 366-378
- Contemporary evaluation of mortality and stroke risk after thoracic endovascular aortic repair.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 718-727.e5
- Risk factors for perioperative stroke after thoracic endovascular aortic repair.Ann Thorac Surg. 2007; 84: 1195-1200
- Endovascular repair of the aortic arch: state of the art.J Card Surg. 2021; 36: 4292-4300
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair with branched Inoue Stent Graft for arch aortic aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 1340-1348.e5
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Presented at Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Society (VESS), Snowmass, CO, January 27–30, 2021.
Conflicts of interest: The authors report no conflicts of interest or disclosures related to the content of this study.
Source of funding: RDL and MCC are supported by a grant from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health ( T32HL094293 ). MKE has received honoraria from Silk Road Medical, Inc. for service on the Roadster Clinical Events Committee, and from W. L. Gore & Associates as a TEVAR course director and Data Safety Monitoring Board member.