- •Postoperative multidisciplinary teams increase odds of reaching ambulation
- •Postamputation ambulation significantly improved odds of survival
- •Postamputation ambulation may reduce postoperative mortality
- •On average, more patients achieve ambulation yearly.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- American Heart Association Advocacy Coordinating Committee. Reducing Nontraumatic Lower-Extremity Amputations by 20% by 2030: Time to Get to Our Feet: A Policy Statement From the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2021 Mar; 25 (Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33761757)CIR0000000000000967https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000967
- Predicting functional status following amputation after lower extremity bypass.Ann Vasc Surg. 2012; 26: 67-78https://doi.org/10.1016/j.avsg.2011.07.014
- DPM What Role Does Function Play in Deciding on Limb Salvage versus Amputation in Patients With Diabetes?.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. September 2016; 138 - (3S - p 188S-195S)https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000002713
- Outcomes of major lower extremity amputations in dysvascular patients: Room for improvement.Am J Surg. 2020 Dec; 220 (Epub 2020 Aug 29. PMID: 32891397): 1506-1510https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2020.08.020
- Amputation rates for patients with diabetes and peripheral arterial disease: the effects of race and region.Ann Vasc Surg. 2016; 30: 292-298.e1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.avsg.20
- Preoperative clinical factors predict postoperative functional outcomes after major lower limb amputation: an analysis of 553 consecutive patients.J Vasc Surg. 2005 Aug; 42 (PMID: 16102618): 227-235https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvs.2005.04.015
- Predictors of operative mortality following major lower extremity amputations using the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program public use data.Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2013; 58 (ISSN 0741-5214): 1276-1282https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvs.2013.05.026
- Multidisciplinary care improves amputation-free survival in patients with chronic critical limb ischemia.Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2015; 61 (e1. ISSN 0741-5214): 162-169https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvs.2014.05.101
- Does the presence of a specialized rehabilitation unit in a Veterans Affairs facility impact referral for rehabilitative care after a lower-extremity amputation?.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2007; 88: 1249-1255https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2007.06.018
- Association of Statin Dose With Amputation and Survival in Patients With Peripheral Artery Disease.Circulation. 2018 Apr 3; 137: 1435-1446
- Efficacy and Safety of Antiplatelet Therapies in Symptomatic Peripheral Artery Disease: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-Analysis.Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2021; 19: 542-555
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Declarations of interest: none