Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Endovascular intervention for peripheral artery disease.Circ Res. 2015; 116: 1599-1613
- Bypass versus angioplasty in severe ischaemia of the leg (BASIL): multicentre, randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2005; 366: 1925-1934
- Infrainguinal percutaneous transluminal angioplasty or bypass surgery in patients aged 80 years and older with critical leg ischaemia.Br J Surg. 2011; 98: 518-526
- Long-term limb salvage and survival after endovascular and open revascularization for critical limb ischemia after adoption of endovascular-first approach by vascular surgeons.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 56: 361-371
- Comparison of clinical outcome after bypass surgery vs. endovascular therapy for infrainguinal artery disease in patients with critical limb ischemia.Circ J. 2013; 77: 2102-2109
- The contemporary safety and effectiveness of lower extremity bypass surgery and peripheral endovascular interventions in the treatment of symptomatic peripheral arterial disease.Circulation. 2015; 132: 1999-2011
- Open versus endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in Medicare beneficiaries.Surgery. 2017; 162: 721-731
- An analysis of the outcomes of a decade of experience with lower extremity revascularization including limb salvage, lengths of stay, and safety.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 51: 878-885.e1
- Outcomes following infrapopliteal angioplasty for critical limb ischemia.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 1455-1464
- In-hospital versus postdischarge major adverse events within 30 days following lower extremity revascularization.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 482-489
- Enhanced recovery after surgery in laparoscopic distal gastrectomy: protocol for a prospective single-arm clinical trial.J Minim Access Surg. 2021; 17: 14-20
- Evaluation of hospital outcomes: the relation between length-of-stay, readmission, and mortality in a large international administrative database.BMC Health Serv Res. 2018; 18: 116
- Rehospitalizations among patients in the Medicare fee-for-service.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1418-1428
- Hospital readmissions and the Affordable Care Act: paying for coordinated quality care.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1794-1795
- ACS-NSQIP user guide for the 2010 participant data use file.https://www.facs.org/quality-programs/acs-nsqip/program-specifics/participant-useDate accessed: February 5, 2021
- Design and statistical methodology of the national surgical quality improvement program: why is it what it is?.Am J Surg. 2009; 198: S19-S27
- Optimizing ACS NSQIP modeling for evaluation of surgical quality and risk: patient risk adjustment, procedure mix adjustment, shrinkage adjustment, and surgical focus.J Am Coll Surg. 2013; 217: 336-346.e1
- Toward robust information: data quality and inter-rater reliability in the American College of surgeons national surgical quality improvement program.J Am Coll Surg. 2010; 210: 6-16
- The importance of assessing both inpatient and outpatient surgical quality.Ann Surg. 2011; 253: 611-618
- Functional status predicts major complications and death after endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 743-750
- Italian Percutaneous EVAR (IPER) Registry: outcomes of 2381 percutaneous femoral access sites' closure for aortic stent-graft.J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2015; 56: 889-898
- Comparison of open and endovascular treatment of patients with critical limb ischemia in the vascular quality initiative.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 63: 958-965.e1
- Endovascular treatment versus open repair for abdominal aortic aneurysms: the influence of fitness in decision making.Int J Angiol. 2013; 22: 9-12
- Contemporary predictors of extended postoperative hospital length of stay after carotid endarterectomy.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 59: 1282-1290
- Evaluation of regional variations in length of stay after elective, uncomplicated carotid endarterectomy in North America.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 536-544.e7
- Multivariable analysis of factors associated with hospital readmission after intestinal surgery.Am J Surg. 2006; 191: 364-371
- The necessity and efficiency of wound surveillance after discharge.Arch Surg. 1992; 127: 77-82
- Readmission rates and cost following colorectal surgery.Dis Colon Rectum. 2011; 54: 1475-1479
- Readmission after major pancreatic resection: a necessary evil?.J Am Coll Surg. 2011; 213: 515-523
- Postoperative complications and hospital readmissions in surgical patients: an important association.Ann Surg. 2013; 258: 19-20
- Inpatient hospital complications and lengths of stay: a short report.BMC Res Notes. 2011; 4: 135
- Female sex is a marker for higher morbidity and mortality after elective endovascular aortic aneurysm repair: a national surgical quality improvement program analysis.Ann Vasc Surg. 2020; 69: 1-8
- Sex differences in perioperative outcomes after complex abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 374-381
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Presentation Information: This study was presented in poster session at 2021 Midwestern Vascular Surgical Society, Chicago, Illinois 9/9–9/11, 2021.
Conflicts of interest: The authors report no conflicts of interest related to the content of this study.
Funding sources: Stipend for Ruojia Debbie Li and Matthew C. Chia is partially supported by National Institutes of Health grant #T32HL094293 .
Disclosure: M.K.E. has received honoraria from Silk Road Medical, Inc. for service on the Roadster Clinical Events Committee and from W.L. Gore & Associates as a TEVAR course director and Data Safety Monitoring Board member.