- •This single-center retrospective cohort study found that patients undergoing EVAR with the Ovation endograft present low rates of neck dilatation and neck-related complications during follow-up, irrespective of baseline neck diameter.
- •Fifty-nine patients with wide aortic necks presented similarly favorable mid-term outcomes as 222 patients with normal sized necks (type Ia endoleak 3.3% vs. 0.7%, P-value = 0.195).
- •EVAR with the Ovation endograft results in low rates of late neck related complications in patients with wide aortic neck.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Editor's choice - European society for vascular surgery (ESVS) 2019 clinical practice guidelines on the management of abdominal aorto-iliac artery aneurysms.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2019; 57: 8-93
- Infrarenal endovascular aneurysm repair with large device (34- to 36-mm) diameters is associated with higher risk of proximal fixation failure.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 385-393
- Standard endovascular aneurysm repair in patients with wide infrarenal aneurysm necks is associated with increased risk of adverse events.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 65: 1608-1616
- Outcomes of endovascular aneurysm repair performed in abdominal aortic aneurysms with large infrarenal necks.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 1065-1072
- Large diameter (≥29 mm) proximal aortic necks are associated with increased complication rates after endovascular repair for abdominal aortic aneurysm.Ann Vasc Surg. 2019; 60: 70-75
- Risk factors, dynamics, and clinical consequences of aortic neck dilatation after standard endovascular aneurysm repair.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2021; 62: 26-35
- A systematic review of proximal neck dilatation after endovascular repair for abdominal aortic aneurysm.J Endovasc Ther. 2017; 24: 59-67
- Factors affecting the occurrence of proximal endoleak after endovascular abdominal aortic repair for abdominal aneurysms.J Intmedres. 2020; 48 (300060520971515)
- The polymer-based technology in the endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms.Polymers (Basel). 2021; 13: 1196
- Aortic neck evolution after endovascular repair with TriVascular Ovation stent graft.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 63: 8-15
- Five-year results of endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair with the Ovation abdominal stent graft.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 1528-1537
- Treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm with a new type of polymer-filled low profile device.Int J Surg. 2013; 11 Suppl 1: S24-S29
- Ultra-low profile polymer-filled stent graft for abdominal aortic aneurysm treatment: a two-year follow-up.Radiol Med. 2015; 120: 542-548
- Improvement of patient eligibility with the use of new generation endografts for the treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms. A comparison study among currently used endografts and literature review.Expert Rev Med Devices. 2017; 14: 245-250
- An update on the improvement of patient eligibility with the use of new generation endografts for the treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms.Expert Rev Med Devices. 2020; 17: 1231-1238
- The ovation abdominal stent graft for the treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms: current evidence and future perspectives.Expert Rev Med Device. 2016; 13: 253-262
- An update on the ovation abdominal stent graft for the treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms: current evidence and future perspectives.Expert Rev Med Device. 2020; 17: 1249-1256
- Tsetis DK.going beyond current AAA neck angulation limitations of the ovation ultra-low profile polymer-filled stent graft.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2016; 52: 172
- Parallel grafts to treat juxtarenal aneurysms using the ovation stent graft system.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2020; 60: 479
- The chimney technique with the Ovation abdominal stent graft system: an ideal platform for self-expandable renal stents?.Cardiovasc Interventradiol. 2014; 37: 1393-1394
- The Society for Vascular Surgery practice guidelines on the care of patients with an abdominal aortic aneurysm.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 2-77
- Identifying and grading factors that modify the outcome of endovascular aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2002; 35: 1061-1066
- Computed tomographic angiographic imaging of abdominal aortic aneurysms: implications for transfemoral endovascular aneurysm management.J Vasc Surg. 1997; 26: 231-237
- Bifurcated aortoiliac endograft limb occlusion during deployment and its bailout conversion using the external iliac artery to internal iliac artery endograft technique.Ann Vasc Surg. 2015; 29: 1029-1034
Chaikof EL, Blankensteijn JD, Harris PL, et al. Reporting standards for endovascular aortic aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg;35:1048–1060.
- Prognostic significance of large diameter proximal aortic neck in endovascular aneurysm repair.Vasa. 2020; 49: 215-224
- Endovascular aneurysm repair in patients with a wide proximal aortic neck: a systematic review and meta-analysis of comparative studies.J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2019; 60: 167-174
- Predictive factors and clinical consequences of proximal aortic neck dilatation in 230 patients undergoing abdominal aorta aneurysm repair with self-expandable stent-grafts.J Vasc Surg. 2003; 37: 1200-1205
- Rate of female patients treated for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm may beextremely low in specific populations.J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2021; 3: 43-47
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflict of interest: None.
Funding sources: None.