- •Late open conversion with endograft preservation is associated with good short-term outcome.
- •Late open conversion with endograft preservation sometimes results in sac re-enlargement in the mid-term period.
- •Sac wrapping technique with bio-prosthetic materials is a feasible way to prevent sac re-enlargement after late open conversion.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trans-femoral intraluminal graft implantation for abdominal aortic aneurysms.Ann Vasc Surg. 1991; 5: 491-499
- Comparison of endovascular aneurysm repair with open repair in patients with abdominal aortic aneurysm (EVAR trial 1), 30-day operative mortality results: randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2004; 364: 843-848
- A randomized trial comparing conventional and endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1607-1618
- Endovascular versus open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm in 15-years' follow-up of the UK endovascular aneurysm repair trial 1 (EVAR trial 1): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2016; 388: 2366-2374
- Significance of endoleaks after endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms: the EUROSTAR experience.J Vasc Surg. 2002; 35: 461-473
- Persistent type 2 endoleak after endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm is associated with adverse late outcomes.J Vasc Surg. 2007; 46: 1-8
- Type II endoleaks after endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm are not always a benign condition.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 1291-1297
- Outcomes of percutaneous endovascular intervention for type II endoleak with aneurysm expansion.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 55: 1263-1267
- Long-term follow-up of type II endoleak embolization reveals the need for close surveillance.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 55: 33-40
- Outcomes after late explantation of aortic endografts depend on indication for explantation.Ann Vasc Surg. 2013; 27: 865-873
- Late open conversions after endovascular abdominal aneurysm repair in an urgent setting.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 423-431
- Technical considerations for late removal of aortic endografts.J Vasc Surg. 2002; 36: 674-678
- Obliterative endoaneurysmorrhaphy with stent graft preservation for treatment of type II progressive endoleak.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2016; 51: 38-42
- Elective late open conversion after endovascular aneurysm repair is associated with comparable outcomes to primary open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 73: 502-509.e1
- Increasing use of open conversion for late complications after endovascular aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 1766-1775
- Surgical conversion with graft salvage as a definitive treatment for persistent type II endoleak causing sac enlargement.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 62: 1437-1441
- Treatment of sac expansion after endovascular aneurysm repair with obliterating endoaneurysmorrhaphy and stent graft preservation.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 63: 902-908
- Delayed open conversions after endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 55: 1562-1569.e1
- Ten-year results of endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair from a large multicenter registry.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 58: 324-332
- Long-term outcomes of secondary procedures after endovascular aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 1442-1449
- Late open conversion after endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 61: 1350-1356
- Type II endoleak: transperitoneal sacotomy and ligation of side branch endoleaks responsible for aneurysm sac expansion.J Endovasc Ther. 2002; 9: 539-542
- Outcomes of late open conversion after endovascular abdominal aneurysm repair.Ann Vasc Dis. 2019; 12: 340-346