Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Society for Vascular Surgery implementation document for management of extracranial cerebrovascular disease.J Vasc Surg. 2022; 75: 26S-98S
- Dual antiplatelet therapy reduces stroke but increases bleeding at the time of carotid endarterectomy.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 63: 1262-1270.e3
- Different perioperative antiplatelet therapies for patients treated with carotid endarterectomy in routine practice.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 68: 1753-1763
- Dual antiplatelet therapy does not increase the risk of bleeding after carotid endarterectomy: results of a prospective study.Ann Vasc Surg. 2017; 40: 39-43
- Clopidogrel is not associated with major bleeding complications during peripheral arterial surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 54: 779-784
- Dual antiplatelet therapy prior to expedited carotid surgery reduces recurrent events prior to surgery without significantly increasing peri-operative bleeding complications.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2015; 50: 412-419
- Dual antiplatelet therapy (clopidogrel and aspirin) is associated with increased all-cause mortality after carotid revascularization for asymptomatic carotid disease.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 59: 950-955
- Antiplatelet therapy in carotid artery stenting and carotid endarterectomy in the asymptomatic carotid surgery trial-2.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2016; 51: 336-342
- The Vascular Quality Initiative | SVS VQI Surpasses 700 participating centers and 700,000 procedures.(Available from:)https://www.vqi.org/svs-vqi-surpasses-700-participating-centers-and-700000-procedures/Date: 2020Date accessed: December 30, 2020
- Propensity-score matching in the cardiovascular surgery literature from 2004 to 2006: a systematic review and suggestions for improvement.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007; 134: 1128-1135
- Dual antiplatelet therapy with clopidogrel and aspirin in symptomatic carotid stenosis evaluated using Doppler embolic signal detection: the Clopidogrel and Aspirin for Reduction of Emboli in Symptomatic Carotid Stenosis (CARESS) trial.Circulation. 2005; 111: 2233-2240
- Clopidogrel versus dipyridamole in addition to aspirin in reducing embolization detected with ambulatory transcranial Doppler: a randomized trial.Stroke. 2011; 42: 650-655
- Clopidogrel and aspirin versus aspirin alone for the prevention of atherothrombotic events.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 1706-1717
- Patients’ thromboembolic potential after carotid endarterectomy is related to the platelets’ sensitivity to adenosine diphosphate.J Vasc Surg. 2003; 38: 1226-1231
- Combined therapy with clopidogrel and aspirin significantly increases the bleeding time through a synergistic antiplatelet action.J Vasc Surg. 2002; 35: 1204-1209
- Variations in the pharmacological management of patients treated with carotid endarterectomy: a survey of European vascular surgeons.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2009; 38: 402-407
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of dual versus single antiplatelet therapy in carotid interventions.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2017; 53: 53-67
- Aspirin and clopidogrel drug response in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: the role of dual drug resistance.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 27-33
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Disclosures: None declared.
Rohini J Patel: National Library of Medicine , T15 Postdoctoral Training Grant Fellowship Program in Biomedical Informatics, NIH grant T15LM011271 .