Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global vascular guidelines on the management of chronic limb-threatening ischemia.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 3S-125S.e40
- Comparison of global estimates of prevalence and risk factors for peripheral artery disease in 2000 and 2010: a systematic review and analysis.Lancet. 2013; 382: 1329-1340
- Secondary prevention and mortality in peripheral artery disease: national health and nutrition examination study, 1999 to 2004.Circulation. 2011; 124: 17-23
- Missed opportunities: despite improvement in use of cardioprotective medications among patients with lower-extremity peripheral artery disease, underuse remains.Circulation. 2012; 126: 1345-1354
- Adherence to guideline-recommended therapy is associated with decreased major adverse cardiovascular events and major adverse limb events among patients with peripheral arterial disease.J Am Heart Assoc. 2014; 3: e000697https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.113.000697
- Optimal medical therapy predicts amputation-free survival in chronic critical limb ischemia.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 58: 972-980
- ACE up the sleeve - are vascular patients medically optimized?.Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2011; 7: 15-21
- Cardioprotective medication is associated with improved survival in patients with peripheral arterial disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 1182-1187
- Use of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and freedom from amputation after lower extremity revascularization.Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2017; 13: 269-274
- Effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors on ventricular remodeling and survival following myocardial infarction.Ann Pharmacother. 1993; 27: 755-766
- Effects of an angiotensin-converting–enzyme inhibitor, ramipril, on cardiovascular events in high-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 145-153
- Relation of plasma renin activity to subclinical peripheral and coronary artery disease (from the multiethnic study of atherosclerosis).Am J Cardiol. 2020; 125: 1794-1800
- The society for vascular surgery vascular quality initiative.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 55: 1529-1537
- Creation and validation of linkage between orthopedic registry and administrative data using indirect identifiers.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 1076-1081.e0
- Potential indications for angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in atherosclerotic vascular disease.Am J Med. 2002; 112: 126-134
- Expert consensus document on angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors in cardiovascular disease: the Task Force on ACE-inhibitors of the European Society of Cardiology.Euro Heart J. 2004; 25: 1454-1470
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition: a landmark advance in treatment for cardiovascular diseases.Eur Heart J Suppl. 2007; 9E: E2-E9https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/sum037
- 2016 AHA/ACC guideline on the management of patients with lower extremity peripheral artery disease: executive Summary: a report of the American college of cardiology/American Heart Association task force on clinical practice guidelines.Circulation. 2017; 135: e686-e725
- Major outcomes in high-risk hypertensive patients randomized to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor or calcium channel blocker vs diuretic: the antihypertensive and lipid-lowering treatment to prevent heart attack trial (ALLHAT).J Am Med Assoc. 2002; 288: 2981-2997https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.23.2981
- Telmisartan, ramipril, or both in patients at high risk for vascular events.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 1547-1559
- Long-term mortality benefit of renin-angiotensin system inhibitors in patients with chronic limb-threatening ischemia undergoing vascular intervention.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 800-808.e1
- Withholding versus continuing angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors or angiotensin II receptor blockers before noncardiac SurgeryAn analysis of the vascular events in noncardiac surgery patIents cOhort evaluatioN prospective cohort.Anesthesiology. 2017; 126: 16-27
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflicts of Interest: The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest relevant to the content of this manuscript.
Author Contributions: I.N.N., I.A., M.S.A., J.U., M.S.C., and M.B.M. contributed to the conceptual framework, design of the study, interpretation of results, and critical revision. I.N.N. performed the analysis. I.N.N. and M.S.A. wrote the manuscript.