Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The burden of critical limb ischemia: a review of recent literature.Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2019; 15: 187-208
- Editor's choice - mortality and major amputation after revascularisation in octogenarians versus non-octogenarians with chronic limb threatening ischaemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2020; 60: 231-241
- Global vascular guidelines on the management of chronic limb-threatening ischemia.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2019; 58: S1-S109
- Chronic limb-threatening ischemia.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 171-180
- Health and illness perceptions.in: Friedman H. The Oxford Handbook of Health Pscyhology. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK2011
- Illness perceptions, coping strategies, and quality of life in people with multiple chronic conditions.J Nurs Scholarsh. 2020; 52: 145-154
- The role of illness perceptions in patients with medical conditions.Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2007; 20: 163-167
- Weinman J. Petrie K. Illness Representations: Theoretical Foundations. Harwood Publishers, London1997
- Patients’ perceptions of their illness: the dynamo of volition in health care.Curr Dir Psychol Sci. 2012; 21: 60-65
- Illness perception and high readmission health outcomes.Health Psychol Open. 2019; 6 (2055102919844504)
- Illness perceptions, mood and quality of life: a systematic review of coronary heart disease patients.J Psychosom Res. 2013; 75: 211-222
- Do illness perceptions predict attendance at cardiac rehabilitation and quality of life following myocardial infarction?.J Psychosom Res. 2005; 59: 315-322
- Outcomes of conservative treatment in patients with chronic limb threatening ischaemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2021; 62: 214-224
- The Illness Perception Questionnaire: a new method for assessing the cognitive representation of illness.Psychol Health. 1996; 11: 431-445
- The revised illness perception questionnaire (IPQ-R).Psychol Health. 2002; 17: 1-16
- The brief illness perception questionnaire.J Psychosom Res. 2006; 60: 631-637
- Considerations for conducting systematic reviews: evaluating the performance of different methods for de-duplicating references.Syst Rev. 2021; 10: 1-8
- Using the common sense self-regulation model to determine psychological predictors of prosthetic use and activity limitations in lower limb amputees.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2008; 32: 324-336
- Patients' illness perceptions of type 2 diabetes: a scoping review.Curr Diabetes Rev. 2019; 15: 15-30
- Illness perceptions predict attendance at cardiac rehabilitation following acute myocardial infarction: a systematic review with meta-analysis.J Psychosom Res. 2006; 61: 757-767
- Illness perceptions in patients with peripheral arterial disease: a systematic review of qualitative studies.Int J Nurs Stud. 2021; 116: 103723
- Association between illness representation and psychological distress in stroke patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Int J Nurs Stud. 2019; 94: 42-50
- Randomized controlled trials of interventions to change maladaptive illness beliefs in people with coronary heart disease: systematic review.J Adv Nurs. 2010; 66: 946-961
- Illness perception in patients with coronary artery disease: a systematic review.Int J Nurs Pract. 2016; 22: 633-648
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the brief illness perception questionnaire.Psychol Health. 2015; 30: 1361-1385
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflict of interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.
Funding sources: L.L.S. was supported by an Australian Commonwealth Government Research Training Program Scholarship and a Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Reg Worcester Research Scholarship. M.I.Q. is an NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer, supported by the NIHR Biomedical Research Centre at the University of Bristol (BRC-1215-20,011). None declared for other authors. The views expressed in this publication are those of the authors. The funders of the study had no role in study design, data collection, data analysis, data interpretation, writing of the report, or decision to submit for publication.
Author contributions: Study conception and design: L.L.S., A.H.D. Data collection: L.L.S., S.T. Data analysis and interpretation: L.L.S., S.T., M.I.Q., M.J.W., M.T., P.F.C., A.H.D. Manuscript writing: L.L.S., S.T. Critical review and editing: L.L.S., S.T., M.I.Q., M.J.W., M.T., P.F.C., A.H.D. Approval of final version: L.L.S., S.T., M.I.Q., M.J.W., M.T., P.F.C., A.H.D.