Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence of and risk factors for abdominal aortic aneurysms in a population-based study: the Tromsø Study.Am J Epidemiol. 2001; 154: 236-244
- Editor's choice - variation in intact abdominal aortic aneurysm repair outcomes by country: analysis of international consortium of vascular registries 2010 - 2016.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2021; 62: 16-24
- Editor's choice - trend-break in abdominal aortic aneurysm repair with decreasing surgical workload.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2017; 53: 811-819
- Long-term outcomes associated with open vs endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in a medicare-matched database.JAMA Netw Open. 2022; 5: e2212081https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.12081
- Mortality after endovascular versus open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm in the elderly.J Surg Res. 2017; 215: 153-159
- Predictors of early operative mortality and long-term survival in octogenarians undergoing open and endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm.Asian J Surg. 2018; 41: 490-497
- The vascular study group of New England cardiac risk index (VSG-CRI) predicts cardiac complications more accurately than the revised cardiac risk index in vascular surgery patients.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 674-683
- Incidence of cardiovascular events and death after open or endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm in the randomized EVAR trial 1.Br J Surg. 2011; 98: 935-942
- Estimating risk of adverse cardiac event after vascular surgery using currently available online calculators.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 272-278
- Frailty as a predictor of major adverse cardiac and cerebrovascular events after endovascular aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 74: 442-450.e444
- Endovascular aortic repair in patients of advanced age.J Endovasc Ther. 2022; 29: 381-388https://doi.org/10.1177/15266028211049342
- Peripheral artery disease is associated with poor clinical outcome in patients with abdominal aortic aneurysm after endovascular aneurysm repair.Int J Cardiol. 2018; 268: 208-213
- Prospective evaluation of postimplantation syndrome evolution on patient outcomes after endovascular aneurysm repair for abdominal aortic aneurysm.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 63: 1248-1255
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of postoperative troponin as a predictor of mortality and major adverse cardiac events after vascular surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 72: 1132-1143.e1131
- The problem with composite end points in cardiovascular studies: the story of major adverse cardiac events and percutaneous coronary intervention.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 51: 701-707
- The strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Int J Surg. 2014; 12: 1495-1499
- Results of standard suprarenal fixation endografts for abdominal aortic aneurysms with neck length ≤10 mm in high-risk patients unfit for open repair and fenestrated endograft.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 64: 563-570.e561
- Selection of important variables and determination of functional form for continuous predictors in multivariable model building.Stat Med. 2007; 26: 5512-5528
- Trends of 30-day mortality and morbidities in endovascular repair of intact abdominal aortic aneurysm during the last decade.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 64-73
- Outcome of elective endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms in octogenarians.Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2021; 21: 392-397
- Long-term outcomes comparing endovascular and open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in octogenarians.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 1162-1168
- Survival after uncomplicated EVAR in octogenarians is similar to the general population of octogenarians without an abdominal aortic aneurysm.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2020; 59: 740-747
- Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm in octogenarians: clinical outcomes and complications.Can J Surg. 2020; 63: E329-E337
- Endovascular aneurysm repair in patients over 75 is associated with excellent 5-year survival, which suggests benefit from expanded screening into this cohort.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 728-737
- Adverse cardiac events after surgery: assessing risk in a veteran population.J Gen Intern Med. 2001; 16: 507-518
- The Society for Vascular Surgery practice guidelines on the care of patients with an abdominal aortic aneurysm.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 2-77.e72
- Editor's choice - European society for vascular surgery (ESVS) 2019 clinical practice guidelines on the management of abdominal aorto-iliac artery aneurysms.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2019; 57: 8-93
- Outcomes of sub-threshold abdominal aortic aneurysms undergoing surveillance in patients aged 85 years or over.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2019; 58: 357-361
- Prospective evaluation of post-implantation inflammatory response after EVAR for AAA: influence on patients' 30 day outcome.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2015; 49: 175-183
- Predictive value of plasma brain natriuretic peptide for postoperative cardiac complications--a systemic review and meta-analysis.J Crit Care. 2014; 29: 696-710
- The ankle-to-arm blood pressure index predicts risk of cardiac complications after noncardiac surgery.Anesth Analg. 2008; 107: 149-154
- Describing clinically significant arrhythmias in postoperative vascular surgery patients.Ann Vasc Surg. 2021; 73: 68-77
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in octogenarians is associated with higher mortality compared with nonoctogenarians.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 64: 956-965.e951
- Mortality after elective abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.Ann Surg. 2010; 251: 158-164
- Defining high risk in endovascular aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 51: 1088-1095.e1081
- Predicting 1-year mortality after elective abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2009; 49 (discussion 843-834): 838-843
- Prevalent cardiac, renal and cardiorenal damage in patients with advanced abdominal aortic aneurysms.Intern Emerg Med. 2016; 11: 205-212
- Factors associated with in-hospital complications and long-term implications of these complications in elderly patients undergoing endovascular aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 470-480.e471
- Endovascular treatment of asymptomatic abdominal aortic aneurysms in octogenarians: factors influencing long-term survival.Ann Vasc Surg. 2017; 45: 199-205
- Survival and living situation after ruptured abdominal aneurysm repair in octogenarians.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2021; 61: 375-381
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Yinzhi Shen and Yuhan Qi authors have contributed equally to this work and share first authorship.
Conflict of interest: The authors declare that the research was conducted in the absence of any commercial or financial relationships that could be construed as a potential conflict of interest.
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Author contributions: Conception and design: J.Z. and T.W. Analysis and interpretation: Y.S., Y.Q., J.Z., and T.W. Data collection: Y.S., Y.Q., B.H., D.Y., and J.W. Writing the article: Y.S., H.B., D.Y., and T.W. Critical revision of the article: Y.S., Y.Q., J.Z., W.T., and J.W. Final approval of the article: Y.S., Y.Q., J.Z., B.H., D.Y., T.W., and J.W. Statistical analysis: Y.S., Y.Q., and J.W. Overall responsibility: T.W.