Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting in the US Medicare population, 1999-2014.JAMA. 2017; 318: 1035-1046
- Clinical outcomes and cost comparison of carotid artery angioplasty with stenting versus carotid endarterectomy.J Vasc Surg. 2006; 44: 270-276
- Variation in hospital costs and reimbursement for endovascular aneurysm repair: a Vascular Quality Initiative pilot project.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 1073-1082
- Is quality costly? Patient and hospital cost drivers in vascular surgery.Health Econ Rev. 2013; 3: 22
- Regional variation in the cost of infrainguinal lower extremity bypass surgery in the United States.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 1170-1180.e4
- Variability in carotid endarterectomy at a single medical center: an outcome and cost analysis.Int J Angiol. 2012; 21: 209-212
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of general anaesthesia versus local anaesthesia for carotid surgery (GALA Trial).Br J Surg. 2010; 97: 1218-1225
- Hospital resource use following carotid endarterectomy in 2006: analysis of the nationwide inpatient sample.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010; 19: 458-464
- The strengthening the reporting of observational studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement.Epidemiology. 2007; 18: 800-804
- Development of a multicenter peripheral arterial interventional database: the PVD-QI2.Am Heart J. 2005; 149: 1003-1008
- Contemporary outcomes with percutaneous vascular interventions for peripheral critical limb ischemia in those with and without poly-vascular disease.Vasc Med. 2014; 19: 491-499
- The quality and impact of risk factor control in patients with stable claudication presenting for peripheral vascular interventions.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2012; 5: 850-855
- Drivers of variation in 90-day episode payments after percutaneous coronary intervention: insights from Michigan hospitals.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12: e006928
- Validation of a claims-based algorithm to characterize episodes of care.Am J Manag Care. 2017; 23: e382-e386
- Identifying drivers of episode cost variation with radical prostatectomy.Urology. 2016; 97: 105-110
- Variation in spending around surgical episodes of urinary stone disease: findings from Michigan.J Urol. 2018; 199: 1277-1282
- Medicare payments for common inpatient procedures: implications for episode-based payment bundling.Health Serv Res. 2010; 45: 1783-1795
- Prices don’t drive regional Medicare spending variations.Health Aff. 2010; 29: 537-543
- R: the R project for statistical computing.(Available from:)https://www.r-project.org/Date accessed: May 12, 2020
- Use of medical consultants for hospitalized surgical patients: an observational cohort study.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 1470-1477
- Assessment of potentially preventable hospital readmissions after major surgery and association with public vs private health insurance and comorbidities.JAMA Netw Open. 2021; 4: e215503
- Comparison of 30-day readmission rates and risk factors between carotid artery stenting and endarterectomy.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 1432-1476
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Presented at the Midwest Vascular Surgical Society Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, September 11, 2021.
Conflicts of interest: The authors of this manuscript have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Funding sources: This work was supported by the National Institutes of Health , administered through the National Institute on Drug Abuse ( F32-DA050416 ) and the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute ( K08-HL144924 ).