Glossary:BCT (BrachioCephalic Trunk), CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease), COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), CTA (Computed Tomography Angiography), CSF (CerebroSpinal Fluid), EL (Endoleak), LCCA (Left Common Carotid Artery), LSA (Left Subclavian Artery), RCCA (Right Common Carotid Artery), SCI (Spinal Cord Ischemia), SINE (Stent Induced New Entry-tear), TEVAR (Thoracic EndoVascular Aortic Repair)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Current options and recommendations for the treatment of thoracic aortic pathologies involving the aortic arch: an expert consensus document of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic surgery (EACTS) and the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS).Eur J Cardio-Thorac Surg Off J Eur Assoc Cardio-Thorac Surg. 2019; 55: 133-162
- A comparison of open and endovascular descending thoracic aortic repair in patients older than 75 years of age.Ann Thorac Surg. 2008; 85 (discussion 1603-1604): 1597-1603
- Have hybrid procedures replaced open aortic arch reconstruction in high-risk patients? A comparative study of elective open arch debranching with endovascular stent graft placement and conventional elective open total and distal aortic arch reconstruction.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010; 140: 590-597
- A percutaneous technique for preservation of arch branch patency during thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR): retrograde catheterization and stenting.J Endovasc Ther Off J Int Soc Endovasc Spec. 2007; 14: 54-58
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair with the chimney graft technique.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 58: 502-511
- Identifying and grading factors that modify the outcome of endovascular aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2002; 35: 1061-1066
- Late complications after hybrid aortic arch repair.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 70: 1023-1030.e1
- A current systematic evaluation and meta-analysis of chimney graft technology in aortic arch diseases.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 66: 1602-1610.e2
- Aortic arch debranching and thoracic endovascular repair.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 59: 107-114
- Results with an Algorithmic Approach to Hybrid Repair of the Aortic Arch.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 655-667
- Neurological complications after left subclavian artery coverage during thoracic endovascular aortic repair: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Vasc Surg. 2009; 49: 1594-1601
Hoshina K, Kato M, Ishimaru S, et al. Effect of the urgency and landing zone on rates of in-hospital death, stroke, and paraplegia after thoracic endovascular aortic repair in Japan. J Vasc Surg. Epub ahead of print 4 February 2021. DOI: 10.1016/j.jvs.2020.12.091.
- Management of the left subclavian artery and neurologic complications after thoracic endovascular aortic repair.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 60: 1491-1497.e1
- Meta-analysis of Left Subclavian Artery Coverage With and Without Revascularization in Thoracic Endovascular Aortic Repair.J Endovasc Ther Off J Int Soc Endovasc Spec. 2016; 23: 634-641
- Short and midterm results after left subclavian artery coverage during endovascular repair of the thoracic aorta.J Vasc Surg. 2009; 50: 1285-1292
- European Multicenter Registry for the Performance of the Chimney/Snorkel Technique in the Treatment of Aortic Arch Pathologic Conditions.Ann Thorac Surg. 2016; 101: 2224-2230
- Outcomes for supra-aortic branch vessel stenting in the treatment of thoracic aortic disease.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 60: 914-920
- The chimney technique for preserving the left subclavian artery in thoracic endovascular aortic repair.Eur J Cardio-Thorac Surg Off J Eur Assoc Cardio-Thorac Surg. 2015; 47: 623-629
- Hybrid treatment of complex aortic arch disease with supra-aortic debranching and endovascular stent graft repair.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg Off J Eur Soc Vasc Surg. 2010; 39: 683-690
- The chimney-graft technique for preserving supra-aortic branches: a review.Ann Cardiothorac Surg. 2013; 2 (33946–33346)
- Chimney Grafts in Aortic Stent Grafting: Hazardous or Useful Technique? Systematic Review of Current Data.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg Off J Eur Soc Vasc Surg. 2015; 50: 722-731
- Endovascular Chimney Technique for Aortic Arch Pathologies Treatment: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.Ann Vasc Surg. 2018; 47: 305-315
- Endoleak outcomes with different stent-graft generations in a 25-years thoracic endovascular aortic repair experience.Vascular. 2021; (17085381211051486)
- Predictive factors for endoleaks after thoracic aortic aneurysm endograft repair.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009; 138: 880-885
- Discriminant analysis of native thoracic aortic curvature: risk prediction for endoleak formation after thoracic endovascular aortic repair.J Vasc Interv Radiol JVIR. 2011; 22: 974-979.e2
- Hybrid operation versus the chimney technique for reconstruction of a single aortic arch branch: a single-centre experience.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2017; 25: 575-581
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
In our experience of archTEVAR, surgical debranching of the epiaortic vessels showed lower incidence of stroke and proximal endoleak, even though the difference between the groups was not significative.