Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Annals of Vascular Surgery
- Prognosis of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysms in Denmark from 1994-2008.Clin Epidemiol. 2012; 4: 111-113
- Editor's choice - European society for vascular surgery (ESVS) 2019 clinical practice guidelines on the management of abdominal aorto-iliac artery aneurysms.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2019; 57: 8-93
- Population-based risk factors for ascending, arch, descending, and abdominal aortic dilations for 60-74-year-old individuals.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 78: 201-211
- High proportions of coexisting aortic dilations call for total aortic scan.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 71: 811-812
- High proportion of known abdominal aortic aneurysm in patients with rupture indicates surveillance deficiency.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 64: 949-955.e1
- Four-year follow up of patients with untreated abdominal aortic aneurysms.ANZ J Surg. 2004; 74: 935-940
- Ultrasound surveillance of ectatic abdominal aortas.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2008; 90: 477-482
- Optimal interval screening and surveillance of abdominal aortic aneurysms.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2000; 20: 369-373
- Management of abdominal aortic aneurysms clinical practice guidelines of the European society for vascular surgery.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2011; 41: S1-S58
- The incidence of small abdominal aortic aneurysms and the change in normal infrarenal aortic diameter: implications for screening.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2001; 21: 165-170
- Individual, expected diameters of the ascending aorta and prevalence of dilations in a study-population aged 60-74 years: a DANCAVAS substudy.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2020; 37: 971-980
- Yield of repeated screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm after a 4-year interval. Aneurysm detection and management veterans affairs cooperative study investigators.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 1117-1121
- The cardiac cycle is a major contributor to variability in size measurements of abdominal aortic aneurysms by ultrasound.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2012; 43: 30-33
- The Viborg Vascular (VIVA) screening trial of 65-74 year old men in the central region of Denmark: study protocol.Trials. 2010; 11: 67
- Population screening and intervention for vascular disease in Danish men (VIVA): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2017; 390: 2256-2265
- A population-based screening study for cardiovascular diseases and diabetes in Danish postmenopausal women: acceptability and prevalence.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2018; 18: 20
- Use of point-of-care HbA1c measurement to estimate the level of undiagnosed diabetes mellitus among 67-year-old participants in a cardiovascular screening programme in the municipality of Viborg, Denmark.Diabetic Med. 2018; 35: 1197-1201
- A formula to estimate the approximate surface area if height and weight be known. 1916.Nutrition. 1989; 5: 303-311
- Novel measurement of relative aortic size predicts rupture of thoracic aortic aneurysms.Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 81: 169-177
- Correcting for body surface area identifies the true prevalence of abdominal aortic aneurysm in screened women.Eur J Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2019; 57: 221-228
- Surveillance intervals for small abdominal aortic aneurysms: a meta-analysis.Jama. 2013; 309: 806-813
- Infrarenal aortic diameter in the healthy person.Eur J Vasc Surg. 1994; 8: 89-95
- Influence of diagnostic criteria on the prevalence of abdominal aortic aneurysm.J Vasc Surg. 2001; 34: 229-235
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms.Dan Med Bull. 2010; 57: B4219
- Morphological suitability for endovascular repair, non-intervention rates, and operative mortality in women and men assessed for intact abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: systematic reviews with meta-analysis.Lancet. 2017; 389: 2482-2491
- Relative importance of aneurysm diameter and body size for predicting abdominal aortic aneurysm rupture in men and women.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 59: 1209-1216
- [The Danish National health Survey].(Available at:)http://www.danskernessundhed.dk/Date: 2014Date accessed: August 18, 2017
J. S. K. and L. M. O. Joint first authorship.
All authors mentioned above take responsibility of the reliability and freedom from bias of data presented and their discussed interpretation.
Availability of Data and Materials: The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
Competing Interests: The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
Disclosure: The authors report no conflicts of interest in this work.
Funding: The work was supported by the Danish Heart Foundation (Hjerteforeningen) [grant number 16-R107-A6778-22022].
Authors' contributions: JSSK together with LMO drafted the work. MD and ALH contributed with data collection and study design. JSL contributed with statistical analyses, study design, and revision of the work. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.