Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Annals of Vascular Surgery
- Complete occlusion of extracranial internal carotid artery: clinical features, pathophysiology, diagnosis and management.Postgrad Med J. 2007; 83: 95-99
- Chronic total occlusion and spontaneous recanalization of the internal carotid artery: natural history and management strategy.Vascular. 2021; 29: 733-741
- Joint study of extracranial arterial occlusion. 8. Clinical-radiographic correlation of carotid bifurcation lesions in 177 patients with transient cerebral ischemic attacks.JAMA. 1973; 224: 985-991
- Critical appraisal of the Carotid Duplex Consensus criteria in the diagnosis of carotid artery stenosis.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 53 (discussion 59-60): 53-59
- Updated Society for Vascular Surgery guidelines for management of extracranial carotid disease.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 54: e1-e31
- Benign prognosis of never-symptomatic carotid occlusion.Neurology. 2000; 54: 878-882
- Extracranial-intracranial bypass surgery for stroke prevention in hemodynamic cerebral ischemia: the carotid occlusion surgery study randomized trial.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1983-1992
- Carotid bypass for carotid occlusion.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2015; 17: 36
- Early versus delayed extracranial-intracranial bypass surgery in symptomatic atherosclerotic occlusion.Neurosurgery. 2019; 85: 656-663
- Extracranial-intracranial bypass approach to cerebral revascularization: a historical perspective.Neurosurg Focus. 2019; 46: E2
- Failure of extracranial-intracranial arterial bypass to reduce the risk of ischemic stroke. Results of an international randomized trial.N Engl J Med. 1985; 313: 1191-1200
- Peak systolic velocity for calcified plaques fails to estimate carotid stenosis degree.Ann Vasc Surg. 2019; 59: 1-4
- Timing of carotid endarterectomy for symptomatic carotid stenosis: a snapshot of current trends and systematic review of literature on changing paradigm towards early surgery.Neurosurgery. 2019; 85: E214-E225
- Carotid endarterectomy outcomes in the elderly: a Canadian institutional experience.Ann Vasc Surg. 2019; 59: 16-20
- Carotid stump syndrome: pathophysiology and endovascular treatment options.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2011; 34 Suppl 2: S48-S52
- Carotid stump syndrome: an uncommon cause of recurrent ipsilateral strokes.Cureus. 2021; 13: e12688
- A case of occlusive radiation vasculopathy presenting as bilateral internal carotid artery, left middle cerebral artery occlusion and literature review.Case Rep Neurol. 2020; 12: 91-96
- Radiation arteritis: a contraindication to carotid stenting?.J Vasc Surg. 2007; 45: 110-117
- The natural history and stroke risk of carotid artery occlusion.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 74: e27
- Internal carotid artery occlusion: its natural history including recanalization and subsequent neurological events.Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2013; 47: 603-607
- Natural history of carotid artery occlusion.Ann Vasc Surg. 2013; 27: 186-193
- Characterization and natural history of patients with internal carotid occlusion: a comparative study.Ann Vasc Surg. 2018; 53: 44-52
- Validity of duplex ultrasound as a diagnostic modality for internal carotid artery disease.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2001; 52: 9-15
The first two authors (G.S. and K.H.) shared first authorship.
This work was presented at the Society for Vascular Surgery's Vascular Annual Meeting in Boston, MA, June 15–18 2022.
Conflicts of interest: The authors have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Funding sources: No external funding sources were used to design or execute this study.
Author contributions: Shared First Authorship: G.S. and K.H. Study Concept and Design: G.S., K.H., and T.M. Data Collection: G.S., K.H., and R.G. Data Analysis: G.S. and K.H. Manuscript Writing: G.S., K.H., C.R., R.G., M.S., G.J., H.C., K.G., and T.M. Critical Review: G.S., K.H., C.R., R.G., M.S., G.J., H.C., K.G., and T.M. Oversight and Responsibility: T.M.