Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Annals of Vascular Surgery
- Vascular surgery training pathways.(Available at:)https://vascular.org/trainees-students/training/vascular-surgery-training-pathways#:∼:text=Vascular%20surgery%20integrated%20track%20for,certification%20in%20vascular%20surgery%20onlyDate accessed: April 1, 2022
- ACGME program requirements for graduate medical education in vascular surgery (independent).(Available at:)https://www.acgme.org/globalassets/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/450_VascularSurgeryIndependent_2020.pdf?ver=2020-06-22-091331-723&ver=2020-06-22-091331-723Date accessed: April 1, 2022
- ACGME program requirements for graduate medical education in vascular surgery (integrated).(Available at:)https://www.acgme.org/globalassets/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/451_VascularSurgeryIntegrated_2020.pdf?ver=2020-06-22-091636-833&ver=2020-06-22-091636-833Date accessed: April 1, 2022
- The burden of the fellowship interview process on general surgery residents and programs.J Surg Educ. 2017; 74: 167-172
- How competitive are integrated vascular surgery residency programs? A ten-year comparison using a normalized competitive index.Ann Vasc Surg. 2022; 87: 263-269
- Trends in the 10-year history of the vascular integrated residency match: more work, higher cost, same result.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 72: 298-303
- Normalized competitive index: analyzing trends in surgical fellowship training over the past decade (2009-2018).J Surg Educ. 2020; 77: 74-81
- An increasing demand for integrated vascular residency training far outweighs the limited supply of positions.J Vasc Surg. 2009; 50: 1513-1518
- Increasing the number of integrated vascular surgery residency positions is important to address the impending shortage of vascular surgeons in the United States.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 1618-1625
- Supply and demand: will we have enough vascular surgeons by 2030?.Vascular. 2016; 24: 414-420
- Vascular surgery training in the United States: a half-century of evolution.J Vasc Surg. 2008; 48: 90S-97S
- Perceptions of society for vascular surgery members and surgery department chairs of the integrated 0+ 5 vascular surgery training paradigm.J Surg Educ. 2014; 71: 716-725
- The new training paradigms and the unfilled match positions of 2004: will history repeat itself?.J Vasc Surg. 2006; 44: 145-150
- The current state of the 0+ 5 integrated vascular surgery residency training paradigm: a scoping review of the literature.J Surg Educ. 2019; 76: 990-1004
- Recruitment of general surgery residents into vascular surgery.J Surg Educ. 2022; 79: 165-172
- A comparison of 0+ 5 versus 5+ 2 applicants to vascular surgery training programs.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 56: 1448-1452
- Effect of mentoring on match rank of integrated vascular surgery residents.Ann Vasc Surg. 2020; 64: 285-291
- Factors influencing medical student choices in the 2020 integrated vascular surgery match: implications for the upcoming 2021 COVID-19–affected match.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 72: e319
- Retooling vascular surgery manpower.J Vasc Surg. 2022; 75: 1125-1134
- Integrated residency is associated with an increase in women among vascular surgery trainees.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 609-615
- Recruiting women to vascular surgery and other surgical specialties.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 262-267
- Update on workforce diversity in vascular surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 74: 5-11
Conflict of interest: Each author certifies that there are no funding or commercial associations (consultancies, stock ownership, equity interest, patent/licensing arrangements, etc.) that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted article related to the author or any immediate family members.
Author contributions: JS–conception and design; data collection; statistical analysis; manuscript preparation; critical revision; ZN–data collection; statistical analysis; manuscript preparation; critical revision; VR–conception and design; data collection; statistical analysis; manuscript preparation; critical revision; KH–conception and design; data collection; statistical analysis; manuscript preparation; critical revision.