- •Increase the probability that the procedure can be performed on a day-case basis.
- •Cost saving £4.5 million annually for the National Health Service in England
- •Cost savings of £176 per procedure due to fewer inpatient stays.
- •Decrease the resource use and cost burden associated with endovascular procedures.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Annals of Vascular Surgery
- Femoral arterial access and closure.Circulation. 2011; 124: e147-e156
- Quality improvement guidelines for vascular access and closure device use.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2014; 25: 73-84
The British Society of Interventional Radiology. Fourth Iliac Angioplasty Study Report 2018. Available at: https://www.bsir.org/learning-zone/bias-registry-2018/#col_right.
- Comparison of Angioseal and Manual Compression in Patients Undergoing Transfemoral Coronary and Peripheral Vascular Interventional Procedures.Int J Angiol. 2015; 24: 133-136
- Control of local haemostasis with the AngioSeal (R) vascular closure device in peripheral endovascular interventions via 6-9 F femoral artery access.Advances in Interventional Cardiology. 2012; 1: 1-7
- Angioseal versus manual compression for haemostasis following peripheral vascular diagnostic and interventional procedures--a randomized controlled trial.Eur J Radiol. 2007; 61: 332-334
- Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials Comparing Manual Compression to Vascular Closure Devices for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Arterial Procedures.Surg Technol Int. 2015; 27: 32-44
- Femoral arterial puncture management after percutaneous coronary procedures: a comparison of clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction between manual compression and two different vascular closure devices.J Invasive Cardiol. 2001; 13: 354-362
- A randomized trial comparing compression, Perclose Proglide and Angio-Seal VIP for arterial closure following percutaneous coronary intervention: the CAP trial.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2008; 71: 1-5
- French Guidelines for the Management of Ambulatory Endovascular Procedures for Lower Extremity Peripheral Artery Disease.Ann Vasc Surg. 2019; 59: 248-258
- A systematic review of vascular closure devices for femoral artery puncture sites.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 68: 887-899
- Peripheral angioplasty with same-day discharge in patients with intermittent claudication.J Vasc Surg. 2006; 44: 115-118
NHS Digital. Hospital Episode Statistics for England. Admitted Patient Care statistics, 2018-19. Available at: https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/publications/statistical/hospital-admitted-patient-care-activity/2018-19#resources.
- Arterial closure devices versus manual compression for femoral haemostasis in interventional radiological procedures: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2011; 34: 723-738
Curtis L, Burns A. Unit Costs of Health and Social Care 2019. Project report. University of Kent. https://kar.kent.ac.uk/79286/. 2019.
- NHS Supply Chain Catalogue. Radiology Consumables, Endoscopy Consumables and Vascular Products - Vascular Products.Angioseal 6F. NHS Supply chain standard contract price. 2020; (as at December 1st 2020)
NHS Improvement. National Schedule of Reference Costs 2017/18. Available at: https://improvement.nhs.uk/resources/reference-costs/#rc1718.
NHS Improvement. National Schedule of Reference Costs 2018/19. Available at: https://improvement.nhs.uk/resources/national-cost-collection/.
Baxter Healthcare. TISSEEL for surgical care: Prescribing information. Available at: https://www.baxterhealthcare.co.uk/sites/g/files/ebysai1286/files/2019-02/Tisseel%20UK%20PI%20Jan-2019.pdf.
- BNF. 2019; 77
- Trends in the incidence, treatment, and outcomes of acute lower extremity ischemia in the United States Medicare population.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 60 (669-77.e2)
- Major femoral bleeding complications after percutaneous coronary intervention: incidence, predictors, and impact on long-term survival among 17,901 patients treated at the Mayo Clinic from 1994 to 2005.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2008; 1: 202-209
- Retroperitoneal Hemorrhage After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Incidence, Determinants, and Outcomes as Recorded by the British Cardiovascular Intervention Society.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 11e005866
- Vascular closure devices for femoral arterial puncture site haemostasis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016; 3: Cd009541
- Antegrade use of a collagen based vascular closure device for day case peripheral stenting: when can we safely discharge the patients?.Hellenic Journal of Radiology. 2019; 4: 1-8
- Management of ambulatory (day case) endovascular procedures for peripheral arterial disease.J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2017; 58: 293-304
British Society of Interventional Radiology, The Royal College of Radiologists. Investing in the interventional radiology workforce: the quality and efficiency case. https://www.rcr.ac.uk/system/files/publication/field_publication_files/BFCR%2814%2913_IR_workforce.pdf Last accessed 6 Dec 2019.
British Society of Interventional Radiology. Defining and Developing the Interventional Radiology Workforce. 2013. https://www.bsir.org/media/resources/Work_Force_Development_1_7210413_proofedv9.pdf Last accessed 6 Dec 2019.