To the editor. We read with great interest the recent study published by Reitz et al [
]. The authors analyzed a total of 108 patients with Carotid Body Tumors (CBTs) in which they conclude that a non-operative management may be an alternative for asymptomatic, non-biochemically functional patients with CBTs.
- Reitz K
- Ramos A
- Speranza G
- et al.
Non-Functional Carotid Body Tumors in Patients Without Somatic Mutations May Be Considered for Non-Operative Management.
Ann Vasc Surg. 2022; 85: 57-67
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Annals of Vascular Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Non-Functional Carotid Body Tumors in Patients Without Somatic Mutations May Be Considered for Non-Operative Management.Ann Vasc Surg. 2022; 85: 57-67
- Physiological and clinical impact in the carotid baroreceptor function following the surgical management of bilateral carotid body tumors.Vascular. 2022 Nov 17; 17085381221140167https://doi.org/10.1177/17085381221140167
- Surgical Management of Bilateral Carotid Body Tumors.Ann Vasc Surg. 2019; 57: 187-193
- Comparison of retrocarotid and caudocranial dissection techniques for the surgical treatment of carotid body tumors.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 62: 958-964
- Surgical Excision Is the Gold Standard for a Correct Diagnosis of Carotid Paragangliomas.Ann Vasc Surg. 2020; 65: e299-e300
- Assessment of health-related quality of life in patients prior to carotid body tumor resection.Vascular. 2019; 27: 612-616
Accepted: March 13, 2023
Received: March 2, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
© 2023 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.